Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 41 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 1:22 PM

Joyce you should be able to change your avatar now and those others that are having a problem if you could let me know I will contact Phil and he will change the ability on your individual accounts... the page he is talking about is one we do not have access to but a behind the scenes page - almost like an approval page betweeen being a paid member and a not paid member...

I know you are all paid members - that was just an example...

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 5:59 PM

Althea I am still having trouble changing mine.  Thanks!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,716
Points 248,537
Thea replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:03 PM

sheila - I gave Phil your name and hopefully when he sees my message he will check out how yours is set up - I will remind him again tomorrow if I haven't heard anything...

i am truly trying to stay on top of this...teehee...i'll make a phone call next week if we still don't know anything... you should be able to change your avatar - I haven't tried to change mine in a long time... maybe I should and see if I am having a problem too...hmmmmm

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,665
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:05 PM

Althea

When everyone started talking about having trouble I went in to try and change mine.  It doesn't work.  That is why I left the message for Phil that it seems to be a general issue and not with just a specific person.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:49 PM

Thanks Althea

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 121
Points 2,650
QCA Peg replied on Thu, Apr 1 2010 9:28 AM

A BIG THANK YOU to our moderators for tackling this bug and keeping us in the loop about it.

We do now have this bug with our tech team - and hopefully will get a fix soon. We will keep you posted.

Best,

QCA Peg

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

I've been trying to change my avatar but keep getting an error message. What am I doing wrong?

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 944
Points 17,510

I've been having the same problem.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 298
Points 4,875

I reported the same problem to QCA Rachel a week ago, and she took it from there. It's being worked on by the tech team now. Hopefully they'll get the problem resolved soon.

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 15,820
qcarachel replied on Thu, Jun 26 2014 9:54 AM

Hey all!

The tech team has been looking at it this week. They are trying to replicate the problem so then they can look for glitches and bugs and any other nasties that may be causing the problem. Thanks for your patience :)

QCA Rachel

• | Post Points: 5
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 15,820
qcarachel replied on Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:14 AM

Just a little update,

For those of you who are having trouble changing your avatar, this is still an unsolved problem. However, for those of you who have a blank avatar and cannot upload one- I have a solution! Please let me know if you are one of those people!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,950
Points 33,885
Roxana replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 4:59 PM

Rachel, is changing our avatars still a problem two weeks later?

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 346
Points 15,820
qcarachel replied on Tue, Jul 15 2014 7:54 PM

Hi Roxana and everyone else :)

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but when tech tried to replicate the problem with changing an avatar picture, they did not have any troubles. The one thing they suggested is that when you save your picture file, make sure it is absent of special characters (so letter and numbers only). They said this could be causing an issue. I wish I could give you more information or a definite answer, but that is what progress has been made.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 944
Points 17,510

Rachel, I still can't change my avatar.  My new picture doesn't have any special characters (only letters.)

Do I need to remove the current avatar before trying to a new picture?

I can add pictures to other areas, just not the avatar.  Any suggestion(s)?

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,950
Points 125,525

Oh poo. Patricia don't try that. I deleted my avatar. But now can't upload another one. I'm now stuck with that boring blank profile image. 

Rachel. HELP

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

Page 2 of 3 (42 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use