Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 37 Replies | 9 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767
Joyce Brenden Posted: Thu, Feb 11 2010 11:46 AM

When I tried to change my avatar, this message popped up after I hit the upload button.  How do I fix the problem?  I tried several times on different days.  Thanks for your help.

Sorry, there was a problem with your last request!

Either the site is offline or an unhandled error occurred. We apologize and have logged the error. Please try your request again or if you know who your site administrator is let them know too.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,445
Points 94,185

Joyce, you might try calling customer service. The number is at the bottom of each thread. It's a toll free number. I'm guessing, though, this is a continued problem from when they transferred information. After talking to my DH about the various problems, I don't think they brought all the preferences across as they should have.

Gillette, WY

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 205
Points 3,475
Tink922 replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:53 PM
I have been having the same problem. I've tried changing it with Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. I sent the problem to Customer Service and they had to send it to technical services, so hopefully they're working on it!

North Central Ohio

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,457
Points 361,872
Kris replied on Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:42 PM

I get that message when I try to do a search. It usually works when I try it a second or third time.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Kris, Tink, and Judy--

Thanks for your input, I'll try customer service tomorrow if I'm still unable to get it working.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,242
Points 239,757
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 16 2010 11:33 PM

Joyce - do please give them a call - I have sent your thread upwards but it always helps to talk to them too - they might be able to help you over the phone figure out what is going wrong.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Tue, Mar 9 2010 12:24 AM

Joyce, I am having the same problem, I can't change my Avatar either.  It gives me the same response.  I've tried Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, same on all of them.

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Pat--

Glad to know I'm not the only one.  Just thinking this morning that I need to call customer service again as it's now been a couple of weeks since I reported the problem and was told I'd  hear back by email when they figured out what was going on.

Kissimmee, FL

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:43 PM

I'm having the same problem.  I can't even get my old one to load.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 289
Points 2,715
Pat replied on Wed, Mar 24 2010 11:45 PM

Joyce, I'm still having the same problem.  I think I will call the toll free number in the morning and see what I can find out.  It sure is frustrating!!!

Happy Quilting,

Pat..........In Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 12:42 AM

Joyce and Pat

and any one else who are having avatar problems.   Phil with admin wants to make sure that everyone has checked yes under Enable Avatar.   If you go to the page where you change your avatar you need to make sure that you have checked yes for Is Avatar Approved and check yes for Enable Avatar.  Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Nana:

Joyce and Pat

and any one else who are having avatar problems.   Phil with admin wants to make sure that everyone has checked yes under Enable Avatar.   If you go to the page where you change your avatar you need to make sure that you have checked yes for Is Avatar Approved and check yes for Enable Avatar.  Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Nana--

I don't see the options "Is Avatar Approved" or "Enable Avatar" on the change avatar page.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,414
Points 61,767

Tried to copy from the "Change Avatar" page, but it didn't work.

Kissimmee, FL

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 408
Points 6,639
Shelia replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 6:56 AM

I have a Display User Avatar and it is checked yes, but I still get that message.  I don't see one that says Enable Avatar.  I sent an e-mail to administration on the 17th but haven't heard back.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,735
Nana replied on Thu, Mar 25 2010 10:01 AM

OK ladies.  I went into my avatar site and cannot find the display Phil was talking about either.  I have sent a message to admin to see if they can help me help you......hopefully we will get this addressed soon.  Sorry that everyone is having problems.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 3 (38 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use