Page 4 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 58 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:34 PM

Francis,I would love to join you if you don't go to fast ,I have lots of tings going on. but I want to do this bad. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,705
Points 364,352
Kris replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:34 PM

MelodyP MO/KS:

Frances, I'll join in.  I like to EPP.  Will you be opening a group?  If so count me in!!!!

You could do this in the Hand Piecing/Hand Quilting group or the paper piecing group. Just a suggestion.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:45 PM

Kris who runs that group ? do you think they would mind if we did this there.?

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:53 PM

Frances and gals I just sent a message to Pat M who runs the hand quilting group and ask her if we could use her gorup for EPPI 'll let you know if I hear back from her. she has not been online for a while but hopefully  she will get my message. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:59 PM

Barbara,

Yes i just looked as well, i knew it was pat but wasnt sure which one, i hope shes okay since she doesnt appear to have been on since February.

Many thanks for your help, and Kris's and dont worry about me going too fast since like you i have more projects on the go than i have fingers.

lots of love

Francesxx

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:00 PM

Hey ladies ,Kris opened a thread for us in the PP group we can do this there. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:02 PM

Oh, Oh, Oh im so excited now i dont want to go on holiday on Wednesday.

Lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:08 PM

got my second block finished just now . Here are both of them .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:10 PM

Barbara,

You do such lovely work.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:11 PM

thank you Francis. so do you .. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 151
Points 3,020
Sandy replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 3:58 PM

Bev :

Hi Sandy, I just looked at your blog to see your EPP quilt. I love the browns and gold. Don't tell Frances, but I think she has a group whether its official or not. 

Hi Bev,

thank you :) about the quilt.

And yes, sounds like a lot of people want to do some EPP just need a little guidance or a jump start.  It is alway more fun to do things with people :)

Sandy

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:45 PM

Frances:
I hope you were luckier with your buy than i was with mine, i bid on some on ebay from the pictures they looked fine, when i received them they were terrible none of the hexagons were the same size, the fabrics were lots of flouresent courdroy fabrics which took an age to get a needle through, so they ended up in the bin.

Frances,

I bought mine in person. They were in a tin at a flea market booth. I paid all of $5 for all of them plus the tin. Some of them were already pieced into a section of the quilt. They are all cotton fabrics. Obviously someone's UFO.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 425
Points 9,200
Pamela replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 6:46 PM

Frances:
I hope you were luckier with your buy than i was with mine, i bid on some on ebay from the pictures they looked fine, when i received them they were terrible none of the hexagons were the same size, the fabrics were lots of flouresent courdroy fabrics which took an age to get a needle through, so they ended up in the bin.

Frances,

I bought mine in person. They were in a tin at a flea market booth. I paid all of $5 for all of them plus the tin. Some of them were already pieced into a section of the quilt. They are all cotton fabrics. Obviously someone's UFO.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,495
Points 47,945
Frances replied on Mon, Apr 15 2013 12:48 AM

Okay,

For everyone whos crazy enough to join me on an EPP sampler quilt, I have a plan.

25 Blocks will make up the quilt finished block size will be 12 1/2 inches so for background fabric you will need 25 pieces of fabric of at least 13".

Blocks will include the following, Tumbling blocks, Floor Tile, Inner City, Grandmothers Flower Garden, Field of Diamonds, Dresden Plate, Chrysanthumum, Pentagon Ring, Friendship ring, Square dance, Icy nights, Joined at the heart, Time 4 tea, Star of Bethlehem, Octagon with squares and long diamonds, Octagon square and church windows, Church windows, Church windows diamond square and octagons, Coffins and rhomboids, clamshells, six point star, Brick pile, Chevron Block, Octagon with rectangles and six point star combined with tumbling blocks.

Im aiming to do one a month the first one should be up tommorrow starting easiest first and then working our way through to the hardest, I will also let you know what templates you need for the following month, for anyone who has trouble getting hold of the templates please PM me.

Im using fabric from my stash, since i have no idea what this is going to turn out like so a learning experience for everyone.

You will find instructions in the Paper Piecing group under the English Paper Piecing discussion, since Kris has very kindly let us cause madness and mayhem there.

lots of love

Francesxx

Page 4 of 4 (59 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use