Top 10 Posters

quilting

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
11 Posts
Points 155
12Months posted on Sun, Apr 7 2013 12:07 AM

is ther a section that tell wof would mean width of fabric what some terms mean? I was wondering about thangles and or tringulations, can some one please tell me what they are and how they work.

I also see allot of the thing are cut in half or in an x style to make 4 tringles , if werer going to be sewing these back together why cant we put right sides together & stitch from corner to corner going in the 1/2 seam  so it would end up being 1/4 on each.

Is ths method usable when it state that ti must be place in a particular position and onely this position ?

Thanks for all the help:)

• | Post Points: 20

All Replies

Top 10 Contributor
Female
19,828 Posts
Points 248,709

Mary Beth ,there are many different ways to cut HST ,You should just use the one that works best for you . 

Triangulations is a soft ware product you can download on your computer  it makes many different sizes of HST, that you then paper piece  It 's really nice when you have to make a lot of HST, if its just a few I find it easier to just make them without the software.

There is a spot in your home page that you can click on that will take you to a dictionary like page that  will tell you all the abbreviations and what they mean. 

Thangles are pre printed paper you can place on your quilt top that has printed disgns on for quilting . Have never used them so can't give you a review on those. 

Hope this helps you out . Barbara 

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
426 Posts
Points 9,220
Pamela replied on Fri, Apr 12 2013 10:30 AM

Barbara:
Thangles are pre printed paper you can place on your quilt top that has printed disgns on for quilting . Have never used them so can't give you a review on those. 

Thangles are pre-printed papers used to make HST from fabric strips. They come in varying sizes, so that you can make different size HST. The paper strips are about six inches long and make 4-6 HST, depending on the finished size; more with smaller HST, less with larger ones. They let you sew several HST at once, rather than making individual squares and marking them.

Many quilt shops sell them. I have used them for many projects. You can strip piece with them, by pinning and sewing several at once. Here is a link to my blog that shows what the thangle looks like in a project that I made last year.

http://www.quiltersclubofamerica.com/blogs/pamela_k/archive/2012/05/04/mqn-mystery-quilt-piecing-instructions.aspx

• Filed under:
  • | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use