Same Pooh quilt two color ways!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 68
Points 3,105
kmrchr Posted: Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:08 AM

Here is a quilt I made in two different colors. Now I just have to figure out what design to quilt on it. Any ideas? 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 309
Points 26,625

Kim, love both color ways.  You did  a wonderful job piecing both.

I am not an expert with quilting designs and can't make a suggestion.

Good luck.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:18 AM

Kim, I love both of these.   Stitch in the ditch may be the easy thing, but I like making the big loops and swirls.  There's a name for it but I forget what it is.  Or maybe closer quilting, around the winnie the Pooh blocks, leaving them untouched.  

Whatever you do, these are going to be well loved for many years.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,374
Points 175,028
Marie replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:27 AM

Both very pretty, Kim, nice work!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,526
Points 51,000
Ginny replied on Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:38 AM

I love the way you have fussy cut the Pooh Bear squares.  Both quilts are just darling, but I have nothing to offer in the way of quilting except to not quilt the Pooh squares.  Let them be the reaal focus.   Ginny

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

Have you joined the Statler Sisters site on Yahoo?  There are some free Statler patterns available there. Lots, in fact!  In the 2008 archived shared patterns file, they have some cute bee hive, bees, and honey patterns that would be nice with the Pooh quilt.  I actually did a search on the Statler Sisters site for "Pooh" and found the info about the bee patterns.  They did say that they can't do Pooh patterns since that's a licensed product.

If you haven't found the Statler Sisters Yahoo site, let me know and I can send you a link.

• | Post Points: 0
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use