rated by 0 users
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni Posted: Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:56 AM

Need a project, or want to give back?

I had the privilege of watching Nancy Zeiman this am..she had a short blurb about small pillowcases for Kidney Dialysis patients...12"x18".  I think this is a great to do project for left over fabrics.  Not as big and expensive as regular pillowcases, but just right for those large pieces we all end up with from quilt backings etc.

I think I'll check with my local hospital and see if this would be acceptable to them/ also great for small children, most love smaller pillows than those normally presented in hospitals.  Just an idea.  Check her website or blog for more info.

• | Post Points: 0
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:03 AM

Great idea, Joni!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:34 PM

These would be great.  Many of our dialysis patients use pillows this size to rest their arm that has the access, the location from which the blood is removed and returned.  And a pillow case easy to wash.  Also many dialysis patients use a quilt to cover up with as they get cold.  I have often thought of making some quilts up to 2 yards long and the width of fabric, about 40 inches which would allow for a simple back without having to put in a seam.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use