Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 24 Replies | 8 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:47 PM

Hi Robin, we don't have any openings currently at the retreat, but I can put you on the waiting list.  Hope you do make it down at least to visit us. 

I come from the same area as Marge P and Donna B.  Just over the hill.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 230
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 6:55 PM

I will make a note of it and see if I can stop by and visit! It's not far from me so easy to make a visit. :)

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 230
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:01 PM

Ah, see? Is that called sewing machine hoarding? :) I would actually like to buy one of those if you would like to lighten your load. It's one Singer we don't have. My hubby can go through it and clean it all up, but would like one that has all her parts and at least one bobbin and regular foot. I don't see how to private message here, so sorry I made this public.

She wouldn't even have to have her case as I could get a softside to take her to classes. Chances of me winning the Janome are probably slim and it would be so nice to have something small and lightweight (and I prefer the old Singers anyway). I really think I need classes!

Thanks,

Robin

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:20 PM

Marge P:
My DH bought several Featherweights on eBay about 10 years or so ago.

Marge, does your husband happen to have a 1937 in that lot?  If he does and is willing to barter, PM me and maybe we can make a deal.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,449
Points 176,348
Marie replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:21 PM

Marge P:
My DH bought several Featherweights on eBay about 10 years or so ago.

Marge, does your husband happen to have a 1937 in that lot?  If he does and is willing to barter, PM me and maybe we can make a deal.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 0
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,408
Points 19,580

Welcome to the club Robin. You will love it here. I would love to go on a retreat someday. Not this year though. If you do get a chance to go for at least a day, I think it would be worth it. I hope you post some pictures of your quilts.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 100
Cindy replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 8:51 PM

Wishing you luck.  I love My Jenome Gem!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:05 PM

Robin, many of us are also meeting a day or two ahead of time to go to the quilt show in Portland and to check out Fabric Depot.  If not the retreat, maybe you can join us there. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 7
Points 230
Robin replied on Sat, Apr 6 2013 10:29 PM

I would love to go to Fabric Depot, but not Portland! :) Besides, Lincoln City is so much closer and less stressful drive. I really appreciate how nice you all are!!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 936
Points 15,850
Marge P replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 5:14 PM

Robin - just now read your note and sent you a friends request with a message.  Not really sure what we have but will be checking them out.

Marie - Doubt we have a 1937 but I sent you a friends request with a message.

Donna B - already sent you a PM :-)

I have a reproduction case for my Featherweight.  I think I got it on eBay when we first got this wild hair of refurbishing them.  The one thing I know is I have lots of bobbins due to a screw-up on eBay.  They don't call me the "Bobbin Queen" for nothing. LOL

Page 2 of 2 (25 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use