quilters in northeast Tennessee and/or Chicago

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20
pjb448 Posted: Wed, Apr 3 2013 6:49 AM

I'm wondering if there is anyone in northeastern TN or Chicago, who may be interested in quilting a quilt/quilts for my daughters.   And how much would she/he expect to be paid?  I have not yet started, so the tops will not be ready for quilting for an indefinite time, so it could be a project for next fall after harvest, etc.  This could even be done next winter for Christmas 2014.  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Fri, Apr 5 2013 1:17 PM

pjb448,

I'm not experienced enough to take on someone else's quilts, but I do know of a couple places that will do the quilting for you. They won't be "cheap" but should do a very good job.  One is Maureen at Quilter's Heaven in Northbrook and the other is Windy City Quilting (in Park Ridge, I believe).  Both places have really nice longarm setups.  I know Windy City Quilting's machine is computerized & I suspect the one at Quilter's Heaven is, too. 

Good luck & I hope you are happy with the results wherever you have the quilts done.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Mon, Apr 8 2013 8:22 PM

Oops! I should have said (in case you don't already know), these are both places near Chicago. Northbrook & Park Ridge are suburbs to the northwest of the city.

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Points 20

I am pretty much shut in at my home in Young Harris, GA, and would like to meet some near by quilters of any stag of quilting.   I am confined to using a power chair for mobility, but have an abundance of energy above the waist!!  I have a small quilting shed - 12 x 12 - and ramps for me to use to get to it, but right now it is being used to house some avocado trees I foolishly planted from seed five years ago!!!  When it warms up enough they will be able to be moved outside and I can begin using my shed once more!  Would love some company to share the space with me!!!

Sandy Marshall

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sun, Apr 14 2013 9:42 AM

Welcome to QCA, Sandy!  Your request might get more notice if you use the discussion thread titled "Introduce yourself."  Here's the LINK.  Click on "Write a new post" and use something about your location in your title, i.e. "New member from Young Harris, GA."  Good luck meeting other quilters.  If nothing else, you can always come here to chat with us online!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use