Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 5
Points 160
Tina Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:21 PM

Hi, My name is Tina and I am from Freeport ILL.  I love to quilt.  But I'm not good with colors.  I am working on America the Beautiful quilt from McCall's.  I am glad I have join this Club.  I am learning alot from all this site.

• | Post Points: 80
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,458
Points 416,719
gini replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:47 PM

Hi Tina welcome to the group.    Just pick colors that you like and feel good to you.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 8:54 PM

welcome Tina.  I have learned so much here, including about how to use colors better.  Lots of knowledge here, and helpful people. 

I used to think, colors were just colors and whatever I thought was pretty was good.  But I have learned there are 'values' that are even more important.  And if everything is "beautiful" they all look common.  Need some drab to make the beautiful stand out. 

glad you can join us.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 11:23 PM

error

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Mar 28 2013 11:23 PM

Tina welcome to the club.  we love getting new members ,Hope you will enjoy your time with us . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,529
Points 177,423
Marie replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 6:57 AM

Hi Tina, welcome and enjoy your time here.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 7:52 AM

Hi Tina, Welcome to the group!  A good way to learn how to combine colors is to buy a color wheel.  I have a book by Jinny Beyer that is wonderful, simplyfor learning colors.  It's called Jinny Beyer's Color Confidence for Quilters and it has a color wheel inside, along with swatches of fabric laid out according to the colorwheel.  Wonderful  book!

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Fri, Mar 29 2013 7:54 AM

I just checked amazon.com and you can look inside this book, take a look at the contents page and you'll see how thorough the book is.  Plus there are pull-out sections you can take with you to shop for fabric.  Look at the back cover of the book, and then scroll up to see the pull-outs.  They're  called Master Palettes and you can match colors so easy this way.  It really helped me learn how to combine colors.

Christine:

Hi Tina, Welcome to the group!  A good way to learn how to combine colors is to buy a color wheel.  I have a book by Jinny Beyer that is wonderful, simplyfor learning colors.  It's called Jinny Beyer's Color Confidence for Quilters and it has a color wheel inside, along with swatches of fabric laid out according to the colorwheel.  Wonderful  book!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use