Top 10 Posters

Joke/Inspiration of the Day #3

Page 20 of 24 (347 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 346 Replies | 26 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 13 2014 6:15 PM

LOL.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Wed, Jan 22 2014 4:09 PM

Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store.

She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries. 

She softly explained that her husband was very ill and unable to work, they had seven children and they needed food. 

John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested that she leave his store at once. 

Visualizing the family needs, she said: 'Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can.' 

John told her he could not give her credit, since she did not have a charge account at his store. 

Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard the  conversation between the two The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family. The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, 'Do you have a grocery list?' 

Louise replied, 'Yes sir.' 'O.K' he said, 'put your grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries.' 

Louise hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. She then laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with her head still bowed. 

The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement when the scales went down and stayed down.. 

The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the customer and said begrudgingly, 'I can't believe it.' 

The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not  balance so he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more. 

The grocer stood there in utter disgust. Finally, he grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement. 

It was not a grocery list, it was a prayer, which said: 

'Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in your hands.' 

The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered and stood in stunned silence. 

Louise thanked him and left the store. The other customer handed a hundred-dollar bill to the grocer and said; 'It was worth every penny of it. Only God Knows how much a prayer weighs.' 

THE POWER: When you receive this, say a prayer. That's all you have to do. 

Just stop right now, and say a prayer of thanks for your own good fortune... 

I believe if you will send this testimony out with prayer in faith, you will receive what you need God to do in your and your families' life.. 

So dear heart, trust God to heal the sick, provide food for the hungry, clothes and shelter for those that don't have as we do.

Amen & Amen 

My prayer for you today: 

The eyes beholding this message shall not behold evil, the hands that will send this message to others shall not labor in vain, the mouth saying Amen to this prayer shall laugh forever. Remain in God's love as you send this prayer to everybody on your list. Have a lovely journey of life! Trust in the Lord with all your heart and He will never fail you because He is Awesome! 

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 91
Points 7,525

Marie:

Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store.

She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries...

Oh my goodness, you have me tearing up at work :')

QCA Sheyenne

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,399
Points 119,586
Patti replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 11:41 AM

My father-in-law had a grocery store.  He gave credit to whoever needed it.  Then he became ill, was hospitalized at the same time a large chain built their store almost next door and deliberately sold under price to drive him out.  He lost the store, but he recovered.  It was a hard time, but for many years after that he continued to receive small payments in the mail, sometimes anonymously thanking him for the credit when they needed it.  He also recovered financially in the long run, invested well and has more than enough to enjoy his retirement.  He was and still is a very kind and generous man.  God bless him.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 1:57 PM

Patti:
God bless him.

Bless him indeed. Need more people like him in the world.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Jan 23 2014 4:09 PM

Beautiful stories, Marie and Patti!  Thank you for sharing those.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Feb 27 2014 10:37 AM

Rhonda, at our Branson retreat, shared this wonderful funny video that s-o-o-o explains why it is so hard for men and women to communicate!  I can't wait to show it to my husband!

~It's Not About the Nail~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxSgIvYQC94

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,446
Points 176,318
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 28 2014 2:15 PM

Still laughing Nancy, good one!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 10:37 AM

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 3 2014 11:45 AM

CC, WHa....???  It's a blank.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 1:45 AM

lSubject: FW: sex at 95

Upon hearing that her elderly grandfather had just passed away, Katie went straight to her grandparent's house to visit her 95-year-old grandmother and comfort her. When she asked how her grandfather Had died, her grandmother replied, He had a heart attack while we were Making love on Sunday Morning." Horrified, Katie told her grandmother that 2 people nearly 100 Years old having sex would surely be asking for trouble. "Oh no, my dear," replied granny. "Many years ago, realizing our Advanced age, we figured out the best time to do it was when the Church bells would start to ring. It was just the right rhythm. Nice And slow and even... Nothing too strenuous, simply in on the Ding and out on the Dong."

She paused to wipe away a tear, and continued, "He'd still be alive If the ice cream truck hadn't come along!”

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 135
Points 975
NinaK replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 3:44 AM

Gini - I love it!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,758
Points 66,980
Bonita replied on Mon, Mar 31 2014 5:50 AM

Thanks, Gini, for the good laugh this morning.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,822
Points 365,972
Kris replied on Sun, Apr 6 2014 6:00 PM

Good one Gini.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 283
Points 4,605

Oh my gosh, Gini! That is so darn funny! I tried reading it to my sister on the phone... I got through it, but it wasn't easy! Thanks for the big laugh.. made my day!

My Sunshine doesn't come from the skies, It comes from the love in my dog's eyes.

-Unknown

Page 20 of 24 (347 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use