Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 7 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Pat Posted: Tue, Mar 26 2013 12:53 PM

I live in a little town called Powder Springs.  I have been luckly to have inherited my mother-in-law's quilting materials.  I have done some machine quilting but far from having any skills as to hand quilting but am anxious to learn.  There are several projects that have not been completed and I would like to complete them so they can be handed on to the next generation of our family.  My sister in law and I have both been blessed to have recd quilts that have been in the family for over 150 years.  These have been lovingly cherished and well taken care of over the years.  I am looking forward to learning about quilting and being a newbie I'll ask lots of questions.

Pat

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:03 PM

Hi, Pat welcome.

I live in Ellijay, Ga. in the mountains up I-575. I know where Powder Springs is, I think. Is it just below MArietta? At least that is where I think it is located.

It is good to have you with us. Lots to see, do and lots of chatting going on here abouts.

There are two more of us, down Griffin way. We should all meet, sometime ,for lunch and a shop hop in Marietta.

You didn;t say if you work or not, but, QCA has retreats all over the COuntry. Closest to us is in Siviereville, TN in the Smokies in June.  There was just one in Branson, MO recently. If you can ever make it to one, go. These are all fun, though a bit crazy, But, aren't we ALL a bit crazy?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 6
Points 180
Pat replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:12 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  Powder Springs is west of Marietta (Hiram, Dallas).  I am retired so I have lots of time to get in trouble.  I know exactly were you live.  I am looking forward to learning and the retreats sound like a lot of fun.

Pat

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:24 PM

Well, I knew it was somewhere aroud Marietta.

I am also retired. We live on SS so retreats are on the bucket list. Maybe there forever. But, there is always the Lottery. Course that 3.38 mil that just got won was MY ticket, I am sure. then I could go to all the retreats I wanted.

My machine is in the hospital at the moment, so I am using the down time to cut out UFO's to be.

I, also, swap post cards. It is lots of fun. Just started doing that in Oct. '12 thru postcardspizazz.

You have a nice day and od look around. There is just so much here. Oh, and upload some of your pics to your gallary. We love to see the work of others.

;D

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,407
Points 415,669
gini replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:36 PM

hi pat, welcome to the group.  you'll get lots of help here, just ask away.

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,314
Points 154,598

Hi Pat  I am one of the gals from Griffin.  Joni is the other though she doesn't actually live in Griffin.  Did you do the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop this month???  If you visited A Scarlet Thread, that is where I work 3 days a week.  I don't get on here much lately.  Too tired when I get home from work.  :o(

Marge (AKA Dimples)

Griffin, GA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 708
Points 13,780

Hi, Pat!  I'd love to see a picture of the quilt you have from 150 years ago. Can you post one, please?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,398
Points 175,493
Marie replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 3:39 PM

Hi Pat, welcome and enjoy your time with us.

Millbury, MA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 212
Points 2,835
Flo replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 4:59 PM

Hi!  I am from California...but my Uncle lives in Jessup GA..  Is it anywhere near you?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 5:05 PM

Hi Pat, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Tue, Mar 26 2013 6:11 PM

Marge (AKA Dimples):

Hi Pat  I am one of the gals from Griffin.  Joni is the other though she doesn't actually live in Griffin.  Did you do the Greater Atlanta Shop Hop this month???  If you visited A Scarlet Thread, that is where I work 3 days a week.  I don't get on here much lately.  Too tired when I get home from work.  :o(

Marge, I have been thinking about you, Girl! Been praying that all is well there. Keep in touch. I tend to worry.

Sukochi

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome Pat. You will love it here. Can't wait to see some pictures of your finished projects. Even if they are not finished, we all love pictures.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 3:23 AM

Pat welcome tjo the club. I hope you will enjoy your time with us .Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Hi Pat.  I just passed thru GA and spent my "sewing" allowance at "A Scarlet Thread" and Sweet Home (?) in Conyers. Loved both shops. They were completely different from each other!  All the staff at both shops were wonderful. They were having a shop hop during my visit to "A Scarlet Thread" and gave my DH coffee, chair and a TV!  "Sweet Home" shipped my stuff home for me (we were on a motorcycle). LOL

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,085
Ginny replied on Wed, Mar 27 2013 7:37 AM

Sounds like a prfect motorcyle ride to me, Maggie....     Ginny

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (26 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use