Nephew's quilt?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 Posted: Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:09 PM

What i might do is since front has diagonal squares and back will have regular square in rows not on diagonal.

I'm thinking about seperate layers of batting because it reads different for quilting should i line each side with muslin do individual quilting on each side then sandwich both sides and add a few more stitches to secure then bind.  what is your oppinion if i sandwich both sides i won't see where i'm sewing on reverse side and it just wouldn't look good on one side .  What would you do?

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,956
Points 368,377
Kris replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:31 PM

Is,

That seems like a lot of work. Personally, I wouldn't worry about the back but, if it bothers you, try to find a design that would look good on the back and front.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 634
Points 10,945
zoetc49 replied on Thu, Mar 21 2013 10:51 PM

I agree with Kris. If you did a pattern that the quilting will not matter on both sides because you have a different design on each side, just do something to keep it together. If you have a solid color to use on the back, then I would do a neat design that will have meaning to him.  If you do it the way your talking about the only way that you could put both "designed sides" together would be after you had them both quilted then you would have to tie them together in some fashion. This would all make for a heavy bedspread. Just my thoughts.    

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,832
Points 40,015
ls2116 replied on Fri, Mar 22 2013 11:34 AM

Thanks for replying.  It'll be a toss of coin, no just kidding.  I've made it look good so far and am scared of wrecking it now.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use