Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 25 Replies | 11 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 8:59 AM

Karla, with Sam it is news and more news.  He listens to the same newscast over and over, but because he is listening to several channels at once, it takes hIm several times through before he hears the entire program on all the stations.  I hope I don't offend anyone, but I refer to the remote as god in our house.  Our lives revolve around, where it is located, who has control, whether the batteries are low ( that means we have to actually go to the tv and push real buttons, 'cause we wouldn't want to change the batteries too soon, that might upset someone for being wasteful.)   Sam comes in the house and the first thing he does is hunt the remote down.  He doesn't understand how I can be in the house with no noise.

We've lived here 10 years now, with all this fancy electronic stuff and I have only been able to figure out how to get the radio on once.  I lost the instructions years ago, it was a full page of notes on how to get it to work, I couldn't lose them fast enough.   If the tv gets out of sync with the remote when he's gone, it stays that way until he gets home.   You should see the look of disgust on his face when he comes home and sees I've got the tv out of whack again.  It's worth the price of admission. 

I have a full page of notes for our house sitter on how to turn the tv on.  The last instruction is, if the tv gets out of whack to call our grandson.  If he can't figure it out, they have to watch the simpler  tv in the bedroom,  it isn't connected to "god".     Thank God, it isn't or I could never watch tv on my own when he's out of town.  

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:10 AM

HAHA I know not feel bad. I do not know how to use the remote in our house either accept to turn it on or off. If I push the wrong button, I need the swat team to come in and fix it before anyone gets home or I hear..what did you do!!!!!!. It is easier to use my laptop to list to what I want. And I used to be a Director and CEO over the IT Dept. of a very large Nationwide Company for over 20 years before I became disabled and had to retire. Go figure. Computers are a cinch. tv's not so much. Now I have my own business I am starting to get off the ground at my own speed, So TV is not really on the importance list.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:22 AM

Sonny watches FOX news and the financials in the morning (I don't know why the financials, because we don't have a lot of money invested except in our retirement mutual fund which is all in government bonds right now), and these alternate between westerns and war movies if he doesn't like what he is hearing.  I always mess up the remote, but even when I don't touch it, it's always me who messed up the remote.  The remote is "God" in our house, too...and heaven help the grandson's if they should touch it.  I guess most men are like this, but Sonny is electronically challenged and when it gets messed up, I'm the one who has to fix it and it sometimes takes me hours to figure out what he has done now, LOL..

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 342
Points 6,740
tnmtgrl replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 9:55 AM

OMG! I know exactly what you all are saying!! I work 2nd shift so I am only home 2 nights a week so watching tv for me is kind of useless, the nights I am home I stay in my sewing room where I have a small tv and my computer. My DH uses the big tv in the living room. He gets offended when I stay in my "cave" as he calls it but I really can't stand to watch tv with him cause he never watches what I like plus the constant back and forth between channels makes me crazy, oh and he likes to sit in the dark and watch the tv, says the light on glares in his eye,he had a cataract removed, so I can't even sit with him and sew cause I need my good light to see. So for the good of our marriage, 35yrs this year, I stay in my sewing room. I have been contemplating putting a recliner in it...would be a really tight squeeze though...

newport, tennessee

"may there always be work for your hands to do"

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 331
Points 5,845
Jenia replied on Sun, Apr 21 2013 12:06 PM

Wow you all have the same issues as me when it comes to tv.  However at least Jim understands my dislike of war movies.  I sit in the office area of our house at the desk where I can hear the tv in the background.  If there's a good movie on or something interesting I will move my project into the living room along with additional lighting.  I don't like to watch tv in the dark, and thankfully Jim allows me to light up my corner because he does like me to come it of my cave haha.

As far as labels go, I haven't done an yet but I did find a fabric that has labels printed on it in various shapes and sixes.  I'm not sure if I will use them or not.   Also don't know if I would embroider of write on them.  I will see what it looks like with my current project and then decide.  I tried to post a photo of it here but it didn't work out.  It's a neutral tan, gray fabric with cute labels printed on it.  They would have to be sewed onto the back.

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 52
Points 845

I found this on Pinterest:

Read me a story, tuck me in tight, say a sweet prayer and kiss me goodnight.   (then you could add name and date.)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 8:28 AM

This is very cute. I stay off Pinterest because I had a stalker on there the last time I used it. And I know that person is still on there. What a shame.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 589
Points 10,200
zoetc49 replied on Mon, Apr 22 2013 8:35 PM

How did you have a stalker?

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 436
Points 7,025
Julienne replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 9:47 AM

zoetc49:

How did you have a stalker?

Long story short, I have a very abusive ex husband who to this day thinks it is his business to know my business and harass me, but will not allow me to have contact with my  sons (ages 20 and 15) so he is breaking a ton of laws and I have run out of money to fight him in court now.  I am just lucky that my DD stayed with me, she is 23. I should not have allowed the boys to stay with him to finish the school year and then come to live with me. It never happened. So between him and his mistress now fiance they do what ever they can to stalk me through the internet, my last known addresses etc. So I am very careful. I am very blessed that they have no interest in my quilting and sewing or maybe he has forgotten about it so I can have all you wonderful people as friends and a safe haven to be myself and not have to look over my shoulder.  PS Orders of Protection do not work on him or her. They break them all the time and all they get is a slap on the hand.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 371
Points 6,495
Arzella replied on Tue, Apr 23 2013 7:15 PM

I have made some labels but have not put any on my quilts yet.  I know I need to get started so I will soon.

Not Ranked
Posts 29
Points 580

I use transfer paper.  I make a label on my computer, print it on my transfer paper and then iron that on to a piece of fabric.  I always have to remember though to reverse my words and letters, because if you don't, when you transfer it to the fabric it will be backwards.  

Page 2 of 2 (26 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use