Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 27 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,305
Points 414,134
gini Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:44 PM

i just heard that mark is going to be back on quilting out loud.  is it true or a rumor?    i hope so, he's funny.   gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,214
Points 239,257
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:54 PM

I am not as excited about it as you are Gini... I do think that he is funny... I also think he is over bearing and although I don't mind that he is Gay - I don't need to hear about it ALL the time.  I think that someone who just up and has a fit one day and QUITS everything - maybe should be given a 2nd chance but with huge conditions put on it.

yes he is coming back but for how long!  who know! 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,305
Points 414,134
gini replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:59 PM

well , i don't have all the facts,so i don't know about his quitting.  but i thought jodie stands up to him very well, and i didn't find him too overbearing.     isn't it funny how we can interpret things so differently.  gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,214
Points 239,257
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:02 PM

gini it is - we are each individuals and I do think Jodie holds her own everywhere but then I am very prejudiced - I love that woman and think a lot of her... I love that this dream of hers was finally coming to fruition and hated that he walked in one day and QUIT - announced that he did it on his FB page... and that was that... that upset me as I know my children were taught that temper tantrums like that are not tolerated...

I do like his ideas - some of them... I do think he is funny.... I just don't want a repeat and for him to come back and then quit again - he is messing with other peoples lives and that should not be tolerated by anyone!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,467
Points 138,003

I think Mark has great potential for being a great asset to the quilting world if he can harness the difference in Too much information and being disrespectful. By that I mean I find him to be outrageously funny in a great deal of his comments and I don't care that he's gay. So is Ricky Timms. And some of the great creative personalities and actors of all time. However suggestive remarks as opposed to graphic description are a big difference to me and can be a real turnoff. I also personally find the term "Broad" in referring to women to be so totally disrespectful. I didn't like it in the sixties when I was a kid and listened to some drunk refer to my mother as a broad or the Rat Pack of Frank Sinatra, etc refer to women this way. It's a personal thing for me. I understand the fact that he is an exhibitionist and that's part of his draw, but he is also a partner with Jodi and needs to consider the fact that they are acting as a team and one is as important as the other. I'm not sure he has the talent to share a spotlight. In all due respect I realize it has to be very difficult to produce a show, especially when you're on the spot and here it goes, and mine is just a probably too honest opinion.        

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,214
Points 239,257
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:43 PM

Stephanie, We all thankyou for your honest opinion and I think we should all be that way and stand up today for the way we really want to be treated and act accordingly... too many times I know that I have just excused bad behavior but am getting better about that... thank you again and I know that Jodie thanks you!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:25 PM

I can honestly say, that I enjoy "Quilting out Loud with Jodi and Mark"! They both have a great sense of humor and team up great. They both make the show a winner, because they have lots of fun and laugh alot.  Also, I appreciate Mark's honesty......... and his personal life is none of my business, but if he wants to share it ,that's fine with me. Good for him to not hide in the closet!  Life is to short to take everything so seriously. Jodi and Mark make a great team and they both have made me "Lough out Loud" many times. Whatever the outcome, I am sure, we all will continue to have fun. So much for "Speaking out Loud". The president has the last word and my support.

Happy quilting!

Jutta, CA

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 845
Points 12,437
Jutta replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:44 PM

Althea, I can see your point, however, I believe that everyone deserves a second chance ( that's just me writting out loud). We are all humans and we are not perfect and we  will never be, just like our beautiful quilts. We all make mistakes and we are suppose to learn from our mistakes.  We are not talking murder here.

Jodi is the President of this wonderful club, who has so much to offer and I am sure she knows how to handle the situation.  We as member need to trust Jodi as she is the "President" and capable on how to handle certain situation. I am positive, that she wouldn't let him back, if she wouldn't be comfortable with it. As a business woman, I am sure she has her agreements written out.

We as member need to support and trust our "Leader -Jodi Davis" , as this is her quilting club.

I hope I didn't offend anybody with my honesty.

Jutta, CA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:44 PM

I didn't hear anything about him coming back but I don't mind if he does. I think he and Jodie have great chemistry. If she's willing to have him back then I support that decision.

Stephanie, I never realised the term "broad" was so inflammatory. I didn't grow up in this culture so I guess that makes a difference.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,530
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:55 PM

Kris

The term broad is similiar to calling a woman a tramp.  It tends to be a demeaning term to use for woman.  It was very common in the 60's but women finally got the point across that it wasn't necessarily a name we wanted to be called.  Not such a big deal anymore because it isn't used that much anymore.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 8:43 PM

Is he coming back to Quilter's Home magazine, too?

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,305
Points 414,134
gini replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 9:01 PM

broad is an interesting word.   it doesn't mean tramp here, exactly.  and it is a word that when women here use it, it's ok, funny even.   but if a man uses it he's a chauvinist.   gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:34 PM

gini:
broad is an interesting word.

It is indeed. I thought it was the same as saying "chick". We use that one at home but it doesn't bother anyone.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,706
Points 436,530
Nana replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 1:12 AM

Kris

There are some people that even get a little irritated when you call them chicks.  Personally it doesn't matter to me ....  I have always thought that some people get upset over some really silly things.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,214
Points 239,257
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 4 2010 2:31 AM

Being called a Broad is not a nice thing to call a woman... it is a bad term ...and one that in the gentler society would not be tolerated.

I think Mark is funny and talented... should he be brought back to QOL - in my opinion NO and my reasons are simple - he left it all in a lurch - he didn't care when he left what was happening - he simply had a temper tantrum and decided he quit - he didnt' care what he was doing to the people left behind that QOL was a beginning program that was a baby learning to walk - none of that mattered to him...

children get second and third and fourth chance - adults are supposed to think before they act... and maybe I am tougher because i was military but I wouldn't put up with it... I know that I think before I act and think about the consequences of my actions... now if Mark came out on his FB page or his web page and apologised for turning other peoples lives upside down I would forgive him but always it would be right there - is he going to do it again and can I trust him...

I thought that mark had charisma on the show - thought he was loud but that is okay - personally if he is gay he is gay - just don't shove it in my face - i am straight and believe that is the way God created me... that is my Opinion and doubt anyone at this point could change it unless it was God coming down and telling me that he is changing his Bible now...

But again in saying that I dont' think that stops anyone from becoming all they can be and being who they are.  I think Jodie has a lot of charisma and has done a hell of a job being left in a lurch.

• | Post Points: 35
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use