Top 10 Posters

60 degree triangle table runner??? HELP!!

rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
120 Posts
Points 2,155
Viki posted on Mon, Mar 4 2013 11:45 AM

Hello all! I haven't been on here for a while, but I figure this is probably the best place to find an answer to this question (since you're all so knowledgeable on these types of things).

I recently made a table runner and matching table "mat" using horizontally striped material and a 9" 60 degree triangle ruler.  I made it at a sew in and someone helped me through the whole thing, so I couldn't take notes or anything.

I'd like to make this again, I bought the ruler even, but I have no idea how the pattern worked.  Does anyone know of the pattern being posted somewhere or have a copy of it I could look at?  It was pretty easy to make (good for a beginner like me), but looks pretty nice. I've tried to remember how it was done, but I just can't figure it all out.

Any ideas anyone?  Your help is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks and have a super day!

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 100 Contributor
Female
895 Posts
Points 16,970

All Replies

Top 100 Contributor
Female
895 Posts
Points 16,970
Top 500 Contributor
Female
120 Posts
Points 2,155
Viki replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 5:39 PM

Carol,

This is EXACTLY it!  Thank you! Someone I know also said that there are placemats made the same way on the Jinny Byer studio site and the measurements could just be adjusted.

See, what we did with ours was make the table runner and then use the leftover triangles to make a roundish table mat kind of thing that matches the table runner.  Would be great on a round table.  No one mentions doing that with the scraps, but why waste it?

The tricky part is finding the material with the stripes going horizontally on the bolt!  I'll have to post a pic of mine when I finish it.  Right now, they're just tops!

Thanks again for your help!  I truly appreciate it!

Have a good evening!

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use