Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 21 Replies | 0 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana Posted: Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:11 PM

The applique group is starting a BOM soon.  We are using a pattern from Bunny Hill Designs.   It is an easy pattern and will be good for beginners.  Would love to have more of you involved. If anyone is interested please go to the groups section and click on applique.  You will find the discussion under BOM.  Looking forward to seeing some of you.

Any questions feel free to ask and we will do the best we can to answer.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 546
Points 11,066
Happy replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:22 PM

Nana I would like to see the pattern were can I see it

Happy

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:25 PM

Happy

www.bunnyhilldesigns.com

It is the Tiskit a Taskit......12 months of baskets pattern.  Go under the free patterns section.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,852
Points 247,222
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:34 PM

Nana - I won't be joining your group but I do download all her free patterns - have this one in a folder along with several years of her patterns and the new one for this year - make sure all who are going to do it download the designs fairly quickly as I think that they are going to be taken down shortly - she doesn't leave them up for long when the new designs for the next year get put up.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:36 PM

Thea

I noticed that this one will be short lived on her site.  That is why we are hoping to get everyone that is interested started soon.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:49 PM

she said in her list of questions before you download the patterns,  that the patterns can be given to friends.   if someone wants to join after the patterns come off the site,  we can send the patterns by snail mail.  so that won't be a problem if someone joins later.    gini

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,852
Points 247,222
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:50 PM

nana - that is all I was worried about - I think in years past she has taken down the pattern and it then becomes a saleable copyrighted pattern like Beth Ferrier's do ... I want to say that usually by mid month February the old pattern is down so you might get them to hurry... we don't want to run into any copyright issues.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:57 PM

thea, i just reread that page from bunny hill designs.   a tisket a tasket will be available  through 2010  in free patterns, and  she definitely states that you can  make and give as many copies as we want, they just can't be sold,  nor can you make money on the finished quilt.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,852
Points 247,222
Thea replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:26 PM

gini - I just worry that we might step over lines so want to be careful of this as people are sue happy and QCA is our mother and they don't monitor posts here before they are posted to the site - so want to make sure that we all self-monitor this.  Sometimes it is forgotten that this is a commercial site!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:29 PM

thea,  i try to be  careful  and not  overstep the boundaries of copyright infringement.   i will e-mail her and tell her the situation and see if she thinks it is ok for us to do this.   the law is so fuzzy and different people interpret the rule many ways.   even some of the authors are not clear on the law,   though they know what they do and don't want to happen.   probably the law isn't fuzzy it's just how we understand it.  i've talked to several people who should know the answers and i get as many answers as people i ask.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:42 PM

thea, i sent them a message, and explained that it is a commercial site with an area for quilters to blog each other.   we want to make, as a group, a quilt from their free online patterns.   i also asked if we could send patterns to people who signed up late and couldn't get them on their site.    it'll be interesting to see what they  have to say .     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,852
Points 247,222
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 3:08 AM

You are a sweetie Gini.  I love how everyone on here takes care of everyone - It will be interesting to here what she says.  She does allow quilt shops to do her BOMs in their stores but they each have to buy the pattern... i am hoping that she understands that this is a group that enjoy doing things together and that everyone is miles and miles apart.  I will be interested too in what she says!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:47 AM

anne responded today and asked for a link to this site so she could check it out.    i forgot how to link.  actually i didn't know how to retrieve this link.  so i gave her the name.   i need to go hunt for how  to do a link from here.   how's that last sentence for some fine english?   ; 0    gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,639
Points 418,679
gini replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:51 AM

well, duh, i just went up to the very top bar where you put in the www. stuff and copied that.  all this time i have been hunting sites for their links.    i bet this works.  

i never claimed to be a rocket scientist,  thea.     gini

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,741
Points 436,715
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:07 AM

Gini

You are so funny.....and you are sounding like Emeril...not rocket science....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2015 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use