Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 22 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105
Maggie aka Grandma Sunshine Posted: Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:33 PM

I just had a wonderful 31/2-4 hour visit and dinner with Nana and Diana in Paducah. It was so nice to put faces with names and they are just as nice in person as they are online. I'm convinced I need to attend a retreat!  They are really funny and they had some great stories of their quilting retreats.  They need to come back through Paducah more often. I know Hancocks of Paducah appreciated their visit. Hahaha I live too close to venture into Hancocks very often, as addicting as gambling is to some people.

I'm pumped and ready to participate in more group projects. Safe travels to everyone traveling to Branson. I wish I was attending but maybe next time!

aka Grandma Sunshine

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Thu, Feb 28 2013 10:43 PM

Maggie I just knew you love them, I had so much fun with them both at the smokies retreat last year.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 5:31 AM

Maggie

I see the payoff worked.  Such high praises.  Maybe next time it won't require as much payoff.   Loved meeting you.  "See" you soon on line.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,977
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:15 AM

Maggie, As a very shy person in person - it was very difficult for me to go to my first retreat - but I pushed myself out there and did it - and wow did I have fun - the other people are just like me - scary that thought- but they pull you out and since you have this common obsession of quilting you have something to do and talk about right off the bat so it eases that beginning where you are wondering what you will say.  

I love the retreat in Iowa - it is about a 8 hour drive for me which is difficult but okay - this one in Branson is going to be so much fun - I truly wish more members had been able to come because the room we will have to play is going to be fun and having it at the hotel - well room service - what can you say!  

I look forward to meeting you one day and can not wait to meet Gini, Nana and Diane - I am so ready to get away for this retreat - I so need the rest and relaxation... just wish for me that I felt better.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 7:33 AM

I hope some of you will keep us posted during this retreat.  I am going to have my own quilt retreat at home.  I think it's fun to be able to sew all day in your pjs and only come up for air, food and coffee... Oh yeah I forgot...DH nicely reminded me that I also need to clean house! Imagine that! 

To all retreat goers, have a safe trip. Have tons of fun and my spirit will be with you.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,347
Points 241,977
Thea replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:21 AM

Angele there is still room for one more - you have one day to make your reservation get packed fly to the states and enjoy the company of 20 women for a week - Barbara is in a single room so I know she will make room for you - she snores terrible though so bring your ear plugs or take your sleeping medication - having slept in the same room with her I can tell you - she really does snore...teehee... 

But if you can't come - (weeping) - join in on your computer with us - if they have wifi at the hotel which I am sure they do - maybe we can Skype and you can join in for a day!

• | Post Points: 35
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Thea, I'm looking into the Oregon retreat. My DH thought it would be wonderful. 

Diana, look what I just ordered?  It has a needle gripper and the metal dimple plate. It is also rounded on the corners. I ordered 2. 

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Thea, if someone has an iPad I would be interested in FaceTime on Sunday afternoon or sometime Monday or of an evening!  What a great idea!!!!  That could be really fun. I definitely want to face time when the Gremlins come out to play!!!!  Hahaha

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 8:33 AM

Maggie ,we will see if anyone has an ipad ,I think  Gini does.so maybe we can get you set up on Sunday for awhile , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,031
Points 13,105

Barbara, that would be really nice. Here Nana and Diana thought they could ditch me in Paducah!  ROTFL. Girls, you can't tell Gremlin stories then give a hug and wave good bye!  I want to play too!!!!

aka Grandma Sunshine

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:12 AM

Thea, the cool thing about our retreats, is we already know so much about each other and are already friends.  It is so nice to put a name to a face and be able to talk without the Internet lag.  Once i meet some one here then I can here their voice when I am reading the posts.    I can now hear nana's drawl whenever I read what she's written and hear her sniggering between the lines, especially when she is giving me a bad time. Can't wait to meet and remeet everyone. Barbara is coming to play with me today. 

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:14 AM

There is wifi here and I have an ipad,  someone will have to figure out how to Skype on it for me.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:29 AM

Hi Gang,    I have my laptop and already have Skype on it.  We can set it up somewhere so everyone can see or at least hear what is going on.  Just have to have you're screen name, Maggie, for Skype to work and connect with you.  I don't have where I can have multiples on line at the same time but several ipads with one person to each might work.   Sounds like fun.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 9:43 AM

Several of us are bring our computer so we can hook up with different floks ,so we should be able to share with quite a few people . Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,548
Points 23,405
Susie replied on Fri, Mar 1 2013 10:01 AM

I, for one, LOVE that technology has enabled us to become such great friends.  I used to have a penpal way back when, but it was so difficult to keep up with it.  Now, we are only a couple keystrokes away!

I will be with you in spirit...giggling right along with you, or maybe making you laugh? 

Chicagoland, Illinois

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use