Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 10 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn Posted: Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:11 PM

FYI, Just saw on FB a new retreat that will be opening next month in East TN. Beautiful old house in the country that she is fixing up for quilters. It's called the Whistlestop Quilt Retreat and it's in Sweetwater TN.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:39 PM

Hi Kathy!  You'll have to keep an eye on things, and once it's up and running, give us an update on prices and whether or not it would be a good locale for a QCA regional retreat.  Of course, I think the Smokey Mts retreat held in June is in Tennessee.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,843
Points 85,675
Sukochi replied on Fri, Feb 15 2013 4:57 PM

There is a quilt retreat in East TN. In Sevierville in June. It was well attended last year, but most who came then, don't seem to be returning. They are all going to a retreat in Branson, MO in March. The Smokey Mountain retreat is in a beautiful, huge cabin on a beautiful lake. The owner of the cabin provides pontoon boat rides. There is a shop hop. All sorts of things to do, if you wish to go to Pigeon Forge or to the town of Sevierville. Husband's are welcome, also.

One thing I don't understand is why there needs to be so many retreats. Of course, I can't afford them anyway.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 2:23 AM

Sukochi,we have retreats so we can all get together and meet and to just have fun, We who host them try to have them in different parts of the country so members can attend  If I had the money I'd go to all of them they are so much fun. and I love meeting all the members , Its well worth it. Barbara.

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 6:57 PM

Sukochi, obviously you took great offense to my post. I am sorry that it upset you as no offense was intended. I merely saw what looked like a nice place and wanted to share it with others. It wasn't meant to take the place of any other retreat. I am sorry that new ideas or suggestions don't seem to be welcome.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,495
Points 30,430
Diana replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 7:32 PM

Kathy Ann,   We all love to find out about new places for retreats.  I've never been to Sweetwater and I now live here in East Tn.   There is always room for one more place so keep us informed.  Let us know when they have a web site or facebook or something so we can take a look.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 30
Points 690
KathyAnn replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 8:54 PM

Diana thanks, they do have a web site and a fb page. It's under The Whistlestop Quilt Retreat. I stumbled into it on fb that's how I saw it. I believe she opens for business in March, they are currently still decorating.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 651
Points 12,305
Michelle replied on Sat, Feb 16 2013 9:49 PM
KathyAnn, Thanks for posting that. I looked it up on FB also and it looks lovely. We've hiked in those mountains for a few years and that would be a great place to enjoy quilting!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,776
Points 247,884
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 2:31 AM

Kathy ,we are always looking for new places to have retreats. and sometimes we want  just small groups instead of the large .   So these places are always welcome.As I stated earlier I love to go to retreats and if I had the money I'd go to all of them ... LOL  

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 9:07 AM

How exciting....it would be fun to be able to go hiking in the mountains.  At the VB retreat I walked and played on the beach 2x's daily.  And the young service family's were so nice and very socialable.  Fall would be a great time to plan one in the mountains...color changes and all.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,704
Points 436,475
Nana replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 2:42 PM

KathyAnn

I have been to Sweetwater and love it.  They have this really awesome underground lake that is so neat to see.  I will have to check out the retreat spot.  Those that schedule retreats love to know about places to have them and always appreciate learning about new places.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use