Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 70 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,879
Points 40,525
ls2116 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:31 PM | Locked

Stay safe quiltylee and others in tornado path.  I'll be praying for all.

Just sent DH out for subs as I'm not cooking today.

Update on FIL they are starting to feed thru feeding tube.  Also they started suctioning lungs and removed 2 lr. amount.  Word is they're gonna send him home soon but I'm taking that one day at a time because things can change in blink of eye.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 6:36 PM | Locked

Marie,(((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:15 PM | Locked

Debbie:

what brred is Jenni? 

Anatolian Shepard with perhaps a little Great Perinese.  ..and a whole lotta hard hradedness!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 8:58 PM | Locked

Marie, you know that you can express your feelings here. We are here to listen and support you in your happy times and in your hard ones.  Enjoy the happy times with all your heart. As for the ones going through a crisis, support them while remembering that they have to find the solution.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  (((HUGS))))

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:19 PM | Locked

Gini, you have a great attitude.  We have to accept the things that we can not change , but we can pray for the Lord to help them in ways we could not.    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:22 PM | Locked

You are so right Marie.  We just don't stop worrying about them, but we can ask the Lord to help them with their problems and give both them and us peace.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:23 PM | Locked

Well got home tonight to about 8 inches of snow to shovel  I made pizza for supper while DH started shoveling, then I went to help out.  After the shoveling, we took Koffy, Bela and Susie for a 30 min walk/run in the snow. It was so much fun, the soft white stuff and the dogs running.

got home to a text from my sister.  My 19 year old niece is in hospital with a blood clot in her lung.  Because she has the Factor 5 gene, blood clots are a risk.  I now have to go get tested as my sister, her daughter and grand daughter all have it.

good night and let's hope the sun will shine in everyone's life.

stay away from tornadoes and fires.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 9:53 PM | Locked

we had many tears after we got home from school this afternoon.  wil got a refocus, and now he needs to tell mom and dad and dad,  "really yells, for  a half an hour at me, gramma".    so i advised him to tell his dad in the car on the way home from soccer practice so the yelling would all be done by the time they got home and they could have a nice family eveing together.  then princess chimes in,  " yeah, wil,  and if you take most of the  ride home telling dad all the details, he'll only have a little bit of time to yell".   the girl is always thinking about the angles.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:06 PM | Locked

Debbie-do:
when I saw a piece of fabric with the store label on it identifying it as coming from Brainerd MN!  It looked like it was hand dyed.

That's Cherrywood!  It's beautiful fabric, and yes, hand-dyed with deep rich colors.  They have quilting cotton as well as some fabrics best used for apparel.  They don't have a physical store front locally, but one of the quilt shops in town has a large display area dedicated to Cherrywood, and they do now sell online. 

http://www.cherrywoodfabrics.com/

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:15 PM | Locked

gini:
wil got a refocus, and now he needs to tell mom and dad

What's a refocus?

The princess is going to be something when she's fifteen!  None of you will be able to keep up with her, I think.  LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:36 PM | Locked

a refocus is a slip you get when you are doing something you shouldn't.   he didn't get inside the school on time when the bell rang at recess,  he and three of his buddies.    they were right at the door, but not through the door.   three refocuses and you get to see the principal.  

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:37 PM | Locked

MNnancy:

Debbie-do:
when I saw a piece of fabric with the store label on it identifying it as coming from Brainerd MN!  It looked like it was hand dyed.

That's Cherrywood!  It's beautiful fabric, and yes, hand-dyed with deep rich colors.  They have quilting cotton as well as some fabrics best used for apparel.  They don't have a physical store front locally, but one of the quilt shops in town has a large display area dedicated to Cherrywood, and they do now sell online. 

http://www.cherrywoodfabrics.com/

And they were at Quiltcon last month!  I remember the booth.  Absolutely delicious fabrics.

Southwest of San Antonio

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:40 PM | Locked

Marie:
 Things will get better soon, thanks for caring.  I love you guys. 

Love you too Marie.

You can call or email me if you need to talk and, after all this weather settles we need to schedule another get together.

We're about to be buried again. The wind has already started. We're under storm warning until Wednesday evening. 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:43 PM | Locked

Gini, thanks for sharing that.  I guess what I am missing is my wonderful partner of 50 years to share all of this with.  He had a way about him that made everything so much better.  You are right, I must let go of the things I have no control over and pray for God's help in doing this.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,606
Points 178,433
Marie replied on Mon, Mar 18 2013 11:46 PM | Locked

Lesley thank you for the hugs, they mean so much to me.

Millbury, MA

Page 70 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 68 69 70 71 72 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use