Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 7 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 2:40 PM | Locked

Joyce:

I think this is pretty.  Did you applique the circles?  What are the post card for?  You have to be good to work with such small things.

Joyce

Joyce, this is just strips of three different fabrics sewn together.  Easy, peasy! I am in a swap called post card pazzazz. We have themes,  or just numberbed swaps. Sometimes we swap pins that we must hand make, or mug rugs, or quilties. It is really helping me to see past my nose. I had no idea I had a real creative side. I am just having such fun. And, it keeps me off the street corners and out of the bars....jk

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 791
Points 20,075
Carol replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:19 PM | Locked

I got on here to catch up on #6 before getting to the new thread #7.  Wow! You all took #6 out on a roll, didn't you?  Funny stuff - we all need to laugh every day, right? Thanks!

We got a little snow last night, but today the sun came out, warmed it up and melted it all quickly!  Even Kris would like it that way, it was pretty early this morning after it finally quit!! I'm glad, because tomorrow starts the workshop in Harrison, several of us will be driving over every week, and don't need any ice on the roads!

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:33 PM | Locked

Carol, we didnt get any here in my neck of the woods, we are what 2 hours away from each other?

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:42 PM | Locked

Leslie :

First signs of spring in southeast missouri

So pretty, Leslie!  Thanks for sharing.  I have to say my mouth dropped open at the thought of daffodils in February.

Signs of spring in central Minnesota:

First flowers....

The patio table stands ready for the first picnic...

LOL

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,429
Points 38,315
Linda replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 4:57 PM | Locked

Carol, beautiful picture. I bet the view is beautiful anytime of the year. I would love to live in the country again but have to stay in the suburbs to be close to doctors. Bummer.

Sukochi, love the postcard. I've heard of them but not seen them. Do people actually mail them? It's too pretty.

Today I got the new windows in my sewing room and one window eliminated and made into a solid wall so I can put up my design wall. I want to find an energy efficient heater so I can move back into that sewing room and get out of the bedroom. I just have no room in there. Oh, Indy got a doggy door. It was funny watching him go in/out. He was making sure it worked.

I'm almost finished with the first donated quilt to the retreat center in AZ. Just have to sew binding to back and create a label. One down, 11 to go!! Actually most of the tops are made. It's just a matter of quilting them all. Got my Christmas quilt back from the long arm....can't wait to get the binding on it.

That was my day. Got another sinus infection and on second round of antibiotics with steroids. It was that or a vacation in the hospital...doctor's words, not mine. I don't like taking steriods but I suppose it's better than hospital. My hair falls out tho. Why can't it fall out on my legs? Not fair.

Hugs.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:06 PM | Locked

Carol, what a beautiful view you have, and I love your gazebo.

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:10 PM | Locked

Nancy,  what kind of flowers are those and what are we having for the picnic LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,854
Points 85,875
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:14 PM | Locked

Linda, you are now, as always, in my prayers. Feel better soon.

I mailed this post card nekked. Which means just like it is, with not covering. I usually put them in a cellaphane sleeve with a closure that has adhesive on it, like an envelope.  If there is something on it that could get torn off, I used a bubble wrap envelope. I sent one to my DS2 for her Valentine birthday. She got it yesterday, and, called to say she just loves it. It is hanging on her Fridge. Same place I keep important mail, or pictures I want to keep.

Sukochi

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 5:18 PM | Locked

Leslie :

What kind of flowers are those and what are we having for the picnic LOL

Picnic menu - 

Appetizer: fried snow bunting bites
Entree:  BBQ snowshoe hare on a bun
Dessert: snow cones

The flowers are, of course, from the "snow plant" sarcodes sanguinea

Snow plant is a fleshy, glandular-hairy saprophyte lacking chlorophyll with simple stems either solitary or in clusters growing to 20" tall from a thick, brittle root. The leaves are scale-like, lanceolate, more numerous toward the base and ciliate on the margins. 

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 6:13 PM | Locked

Carol this is a beautiful view. 

Joyce

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,739
Points 436,625
Nana replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Leslie

We haven't seen any daffodils yet but my crocuses have been blooming for weeks.  I also have lilies poking their noses out of the ground.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Just so long as those snow cones aren't yellow, MNnancy! LOL

My DH decided to bring me a special valentine today (We rarely do anything to mark the day as our anniversary is so close). He bought me the most beautiful bouquet of a doz. white roses in celephane and a very sweet card.  When I opened the celephane cone to trim them up, the leaves started falling off. I gave them a gentle little shake to dislodge the straglers and  the petals  all showered down, too!!  Before I knew it, I was holding a handful of nearly nude sticks, and the floor was covered with pretty pile of foliage and blooms....  Poor Hubby. He tried so hard!! He looked so broken hearted that his gift fell to pieces in my hands. I convinced him it wasn't a disaster but a new memory (which I'll treasure) and we all had a great laugh over it. I gathered up all those perfect petals and put them in a pretty bowl in the center of the table, where I can enjoy them for a little while at least.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:46 PM | Locked

In my neighborhood, the sunny side of road has crocus and daffodils, the shadier areas have crocus and stems. My property is kinda split in 2. The naturalizing I did at edge of woods has hundreds of daffodils planted. 

Hope everyone has a heartful day tomorrow. Homeschoolers are having a big party. Maddie is so excited. They use a local church fellowship hall. Should be fun. 

Nan

Cleveland, TN

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:52 PM | Locked

Nancy, dosen't sound very appealing think i will pass on the picnic lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,092
Leslie replied on Wed, Feb 13 2013 7:54 PM | Locked

Nana, my Naked Ladies are up about 3 inches,  our weather here has been crazy, every thing here is confused including me lol

[Ava, Missouri

Page 7 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use