Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 59 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 1:45 PM | Locked

No doubt about it, Linda...Rescue dogs are WORK. Jenni is being a certifiable PITA this week. There's a new dog  in town and they've made fast friends. Jenni has it in her head that she should go on playdates. She's taken to climbing the fence so she can go visit.  (90 lbs of dog climbing the fence is NOT a good thing - she's shredding both the fence, and herself)  I am challenged to catch her in the act of leaving the yard so I can correct the behavior, but that's no easy task - She's sneaky.  On top of it all, the farmers around here are all right in the middle of calving. Jenni can't resist those smells coming from the cow pastures, and she takes her new friend with her...   It's a recipe for disaster!  Pray I get her stubborn determination back under control before she gets herself, and/or her pal, shot!

One of my fave LQS (not so Local, but close enough) is having a big sale on batiks  so I splurged a little. They had a neat dragon panel that'll be just the thing for DS1, and his b-day is coming up fast, so that worked out well. It'll make a really cool wall hanging to go with his flaming curtains!

DH took it into his head to fix my crabby drier on Tuesday evening. He tore it apart and diagnosed what wasn't causing the error code (not what was)  but  that was as far as he got before he crapped out. Yesterday I didn't get any washing done (despite having perfect weather for the clothes line!) because he had parts of the drier scattered all over the utility room and on top of hte washer. I finally had enough of it and set about putting hte machine back together myself late yesterday - not easy since I wasn't the one who took it apart! There were several pieces that I had to guess where they went. I asked himself and got barked at because he didn't know. I pointed out that he'd taken them out ... wrong thing to say! He proceeded to go on a rant about how he'd taken the machine apart with a high fever (99 is high??) and he barely remembered doing it, much less where everything went. It's appearently my fault  that he did it when he did because "I wouldn't quit nagging at him about it."  I recall saying "It's flashing the codes again. 'Guess I'll use the line this week."... That's nagging.  Thankfully Jr was his tool boy when he started on it, and Jr is very observant. He was able to help me quite a bit. The machine is now put back together (less 3 screws that I somehow managed to not put in) and seems to be functioning just fine. I suspect that the problem was just that he didn't get the plug all the way (The error code was for a voltage issue) in the last time he moved it out  ... Which he did to check my last repair on it.   I sure ain't gonna tell him that!!!  he's  pattin himself on the back for fixing it.   LOL

Meanwhile he's back to work today. I suspect it won't last. His virus has gone into his lungs. It's only a matter of time before I have to force him to the Dr and get him treated for pnumonia. Again.

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,754
Points 38,910
ls2116 replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 6:52 PM | Locked

Thanks so much for comments on quilt.  Having much better day today only problem with that is i stopped taking a med that doc wants me to take.

UPS just delivered a new baby to me I've wanted one since the first one was made you will all think i've lost it now  after all i just got a j6600p what do i need this for but i'm so happy to get it.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 50
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:01 PM | Locked

Hi Is and everyone.  My mom is on hospice in the hospital since yesterday.  They only give her a short time left.  I have been doing really well I couldn't believe it but when I went in today and saw her I lost it.  I cried every time anyone talked to me today.  Took half nerve pill tonight so I can sleep.  My brother is sick and couldn't come.  Made funeral arrangements yesterday or partial ones.  Will take her back to W.Va. when the time comes.  Dr said not good to do a feeding tube or surgery for peg in stomach as she is aspirating and that would make it worse.  She spiked a fever again yesterday.  I just pray that God takes her and she doesn't suffer.  Appreciate all your prayers.  

Hope everyone is doing well.  I love the photos of the eagle and the baby pony.  He is adorable.  Would love to give that guy a hug and I've never been around horses. ha

No quilting being done but not worried that time will come.  

Thanks for listening.  Is hope your migrane is better.  

Joyce

• | Post Points: 140
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 601
Points 9,570
Joyce replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:05 PM | Locked

Thanks Marie for the hugs and prayers.  This too shall pass.  God is with us.  Looking forward to more pics of that DGS of yours.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,542
Points 51,250
Ginny replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:29 PM | Locked

Joyce please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you during this trying time.   God is good.  God is with you.     Ginny

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,367
Points 37,250
Linda replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 9:58 PM | Locked

Joyce, praying that God has you in His comforting arms and will bring you peace. Know that He is with your Mom too and He will take her to a better place where there is no more pain, sickness, and she'll be happy. I know that nothing I can say makes it any easier. You are loosing someone very dear to you....tears are expected. It's ok. May God bless you and keep you and give you peace.

Sending huge hugs, Linda

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 10:54 PM | Locked

Joyce:
My mom is on hospice in the hospital since yesterday.  They only give her a short time left.

So sorry, Joyce.  May God grant your mom comfort and may He grant you peace.  <<<Hugs>>>

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Thu, Mar 14 2013 11:03 PM | Locked

Joyce, sorry to hear about your Mom but God is good and He won't let her suffer unduly.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,416
Points 415,744
gini replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:13 AM | Locked

joycem i am so sorry to hear about your mom.   

gini in north idaho

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:14 AM | Locked

Is congratulations on your new baby soon you will have as many as Nana has.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,499
Points 48,025
Frances replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 12:16 AM | Locked

Joyce,

I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, but i hope both your mum and you can find some peace.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,836
Points 366,162
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:24 AM | Locked

ls2116:
UPS just delivered a new baby to me I've wanted one since the first one was made you will all think i've lost it now  after all i just got a j6600p what do i need this for but i'm so happy to get it

Pretty baby Is. Glad you're feeling better.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,836
Points 366,162
Kris replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 1:25 AM | Locked

Joyce:
 My mom is on hospice in the hospital since yesterday.  They only give her a short time left.

Still praying for you Joyce.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 7:21 AM | Locked

Joyce

I am so sorry that you are going thru this.   It is so hard to loose our parents even though we know it is the way of life.  I pray she remains comfortable.   Big hugs and prayers coming your way.   Don't forget to take care of you during this journey.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,413
Points 47,240
Angele replied on Fri, Mar 15 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

IS congratulation on the safe arrival of your new baby.  This one will be much much lighter to travel with.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 35
Page 59 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 57 58 59 60 61 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use