Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 33 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,494
Points 48,185
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Sukochi, I'm so glad you bought an issue.  I have thought about it many times, but right now between work, friends and my kids oh yeah don't forget quilting... I'm running out of time!  However, I know that you will make amazing PCM and quilties because you are so creative. You do have the eye to look at it the fabric you have and make amazing things with it.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:35 AM | Locked

Oh, and watching Argo on On Demand.  It's the big winner so it's a must-see.

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,618
Points 48,375
Debbie-do replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:49 AM | Locked

Thea, I just saw this on Facebook (so it must be true) and thought of you.  Is it something you've already tried?

Arthritis patients can benefit by taking one cup of hot water with two tablespoons of honey and one small teaspoon of cinnamon powder. When taken daily even chronic arthritis can be cured. In a recent research conducted at the Copenhagen University, it was found that when the doctors treated their patients with a mixture of one tablespoon Honey and half teaspoon Cinnamon powder before breakfast, they found that within a week (out of the 200 people so treated) practically 73 patients were totally relieved of pain -- and within a month, most all the patients who could not walk or move around because of arthritis now started walking without pain.

If the article is true, honey and cinnamon is good for nearly everything that ails you.  I should think raw honey is best to use but the article didn't say.

Southwest of San Antonio

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:58 AM | Locked

Even Dr Oz comments on the powers of cinnamon to ones health.  Thanks Debbie-Do, I'm gonna try this and hopefully my arms and finger will break loose and let me quilt, vaccum, etc.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:19 AM | Locked

Debbie - I think I have tried everything over the years since I became touched by arthritis - some work better then others but when it hits like today it seems like nothing works... I have found when the barometric pressure is changing is the worst time.  right now this storm is coming through and if I am any indication it is very strong... the weather has changed to snow now - it is starting to accumulate on the ground - it is truly turning white again - The water/snow has not stopped coming down... I have lathered my cream on ankles, wrists, neck and shoulders and I get some relief there - plus I am under the heating blankets till the cats get me up to keep the peace or to feed the oldest one 2nd and 3rd breakfast like a hobbit - that is who she makes me think of anyway...teehee... 

I will be okay - it just takes more time then normal to be able to get past the pain and DH did not have to do that this morning - I could have had another hour without his dang alarm going off... I know he was half way to work and it dawned on him that he left it on... he probably had tried so hard to be quiet not to wake me and that did work...teehee... till the dang alarm... now I'll just patiently wait for the arthritis to go away in to the back ground... we shall see... It has been worse and I am used to it - just want it really to go away forever... someone find a cure for this...now...teehee... wishful thinking but better me then someone else although someone else could take this I would be sad for them but I think I have suffered long enough... so go away arthritis - didn't work - maybe I need to yell it louder.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:29 AM | Locked

I've been up since 4am must be better I started day by moving furniture. Sun is shining gonna catch up on housework.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 223
Points 4,380
Kristin (KAlbrecht) replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:39 AM | Locked

Before my DH had his knees replaced for severe OA, he could always tell when it was going to be cold out, when there was bad weather coming, or anytime the barometric pressure changed dramatically.  The medical community is all based on science so they dismiss anything about nature contributing to suffering.  I once saw an episode on Nat'l Geographic of a lady in Texas who suffered from severe OA.  She was also highly allergic to bee stings.  One day she was outside and walked into a swarm of bees, getting stung over 100 times.  She was in coma for weeks, but when she woke up, she was relieved of all OA pain.  I'm not suggesting you go walk into a swarm of bees . . . thinking that just makes my skin twinge . . . it's just amazing sometimes what works and doesn't work.

On the one hand, the world deserves a cure for . . .

1. Arthritis
  2. Cancer
  3. Heart Disease
  4. Parkinson's Disease
  5. Mental Illnesses
  6. AIDS/HIV
  7. Alzheimers

I could go on and on . . . 

The problem is if we find a cure for these diseases, there will undoubtedly be new ones that fall in their place.  I for one do not want to live forever in this world.  I would much rather live in God's Kingdom.

Peace be with you.

Cheers!

Kristin Lee WICKMAN Albrecht  

(I'm a WICKMAN . . . Don't let anybody tell you any different)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:48 AM | Locked

Peace be with you too Kristin.  I do not wish this type or kind of pain on anyone - the snow is here and the state is fast going from green to white - they showed the pictures from just west of us where cars are off the road - we should be all white by 10 a.m.  earlier it looked like it was going to miss us and we just get the rain which right now I think is measuring above 3"... but the storm has turned more north west and bringing the snow...

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:50 AM | Locked

DH is home - they had 6" of water at his business and he was tired of wading - then the news said 12" and blizzard and he said that was it - clocked out left the building - no snow...teehee... but there is snow on the ground now and I am glad he is home - as I am in too much pain and may end up at the ER today... have been trying hard to handle this today but I can't explain it - I want to just scream and scream today... I took my pain meds hoping they will calm this down - so far no relief... was rubbing my ankle and wrist bent wrong and I screamed - automatic reaction but usually no one here to hear me - DH comes running and I explain  - - he is working at home on the base boards and is not in the back living room where I am - I told him he doesn't see this side of me as I hide it real well the one day he is home because by the time he gets home I have been up and in that time frame where everything is easing up - oh dear - he is so worried now... argh - OA / RA - go away... Lord hear my prayer give me some relief... storm - rain - go away and come back another day...

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:26 AM | Locked

Ih, thea, what a terrible day you are both having. Glad he is home with you...just in case! T & P.

I should not complain after Thea's comments, but, I am just really sick. Cough is worse, burning feeling in my chest. Face feels like I have been hit with a baseball. No energy to even lift my arms. HAve doc appt. at 1:30 and am trying to figure out how, in the world, I will have enough energy to get through a shwoer and hair washing. I keep putting it off this a.m. Also, hurting between the shoulders in my back. Just want to crawl in bed again. Maybe, I just will.

I hope all others are well and getting things done. Wish I was. (((HUGS))) to all.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,881
Points 40,565
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:32 AM | Locked

Well that was short lived out of energy resting now.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 240
Points 4,335
Christine replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:13 AM | Locked

I'm sorry to hear about your pain Thea, I'm praying right... I'd do it with you over the phone but I don't want to make you get up! 

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,615
Points 247,287
Thea replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 3:33 PM | Locked

Christine - thank you for the prayers - I do not want to get out of my chair so I pray right from my chair - at least I am toasty warm under my quilts - looked outside a few minutes ago when the satellite dish went out and saw that it was blowing quite hard - can still see the houses on the next street over but this storm has the road covered all ready and we didn't have that last week... you can see tracks where the cars have driven through...and it is supposed to snow for another 24 hours... oh my... I have all the quilts out in case of a power outage... we have a generator that I brought from NY but DH never called an electrician to hook it up - oh well - we will stay warm to the best we can if the power goes out and hope it is a short outage - or I will be heading to a hotel... along with all the critters...teehee

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 3:52 PM | Locked

Sukochi,  Feel better soon.  You really need to get to the Dr-- shower or not.  Kind of sounds like this nastiness might have  gone to your lungs with the pain in your back.    Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,527
Points 31,070
Diana replied on Mon, Feb 25 2013 4:25 PM | Locked

Hi Gang, 

I'm sorry for all those that are feeling poorly.  I know the feeling with my arthritis.  Change of weather coming in.  Just hope it's done for the drive to Paducah and then on to Branson.

I got a call today that my long-armer had one of my quilts done.  Now I get to do the binding, which is my favorite part, because once it's done, it's done.  I dropped off another one to her.  She does great work and reasonable.  I tie a lot of my quilts, or stitch in the ditch, but have special ones long-armed.  I told her this was a special one, so I wanted it done so I can enter it in our small local quilt show later in the year.  I even pieced the borders where you can't see where the seam it.  It was the first Mystery Quilt from here and I must say it turned out really nice.

I'm trying to get the last of the stuff packed and ready to go to Branson.  I think I've got it covered.  If I forget anything, I'll just have to buy new.....lol  DH washed the inside of my windows on my car last night, and tonight he'll do the outside since he took it and washed it for me.  I've got most of the stuff out of it so I can start re-packing it.  Tomorrow we'll move it down to the other garage where the vacuum is so I can vacuum it all out.   

Well, that's my busy day today.  Keep well or get well.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn.

Page 33 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 31 32 33 34 35 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use