Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 24 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Goodies and compliments do go very far, just do not forget the night shift. They do alot more than many realize.

i fell coming in from walking dog, twisted right  ankle bad..do not think it is broken, alo hit left side and elbow on top stone step. Poor Maddie got so upset. She called her dad but hecannot answer phne unless on break. Maddie helped into the house and setme up with pillows and ice!

i know this will be bad tomorrow.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:27 PM | Locked

That is it Nan, I am moving you into a big bubble. That way if you fall, it won't injure you and you will just bounce. Tell Maddie, to take the magic cane back and get you a nagic WALKER!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:34 PM | Locked

Gilmer County citizens can sleep safely tonight. The bad guy got brought down by Officer Daisy, the K-9 wonder dog. Someone give that doggie a donut!. Friend of minie who lives about 40 miles down below, said a month ago, that bad guy was working on a construction crew for him. Scary.

Looks like Bible Study is cancelled tomorrow due to illness. Everyone in class is sick! I said, if I promise to sit in the back of the room,on the steps going up to the youth group room, could I come to Church Sunday?. And, I will even wear a surgical mask, if necessary. This is just terrible. Now, Jim is saying he has a sore throat. Just take us out back and shoot us, now.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,847
Points 85,755
Sukochi replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:37 PM | Locked

March 16th is National Quilting Day. I didn't know there was one. Does Hallmark have cards for this??

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 6,195
nantenn replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:00 PM | Locked

Have a walker, it made me fall which is what lead to cane. Did i mention dr called today  to tell me i have  osteoporosis both sides of neck. Osteopenia in spine.       Eye dr says i have cataracts but not ready for surgery...he thinks at least another yr, depends on how my vision is. He says i see fine right now, told him to tell my garage doors and my son.

DS was asked last night to apply for supervisor position at work. No promises but nice to be requested. So we will pray...my DS has had lot of not so good things in past, so this would be good for him plus has new girlfriend. I like her but still worry about his getting hurt. Divorce was over a year ago now. Maddie likes her. Her bio mom is coming friday to see Maddie, first time since Christmas. She is excited but takes it all in stride. 

She was on front page of local paper yesterday about her quilt mission, and some ladies at eye dr recognized her.she was grinning

well going to get to bed as i think  i did enough damage for one day.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:08 PM | Locked

Thea, So sorry your having to go through all this STRESSFUL stuff. My DM and DMIL were both in a NH and I agree with CC and Nan, Kill them with kindness, cards,goodies etc. It really worked for us. My DSis went off on them and got NOWHERE, My DB and I treated them with respect and kindness and some of them could not do enough for us. However, I can sympathize with you as my DM was having a heart attack the Head Nurse sat her in a chair ALL night and said it was heartburn. And this was suppose to be the BEST NH in the City. There only as good as the people who work there. My DM was a nurse herself for geriatrics so she knew what was happening.  I am and will pray for you and your Mom  Hugs, Susan

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,186
Points 15,875
Susan replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:13 PM | Locked

nantenn:

She was on front page of local paper yesterday about her quilt mission, and some ladies at eye dr recognized her.she was grinning        Maddie, way to go !!!  You are doing a great job with your charity quilts.                  Nan, Sorry to hear of all your ailments. I will keep you and yours in my prayers, too.        Susan

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,465
Joyce replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:34 PM | Locked

Hi Thea, I'm so sorry you are going thru all this with the NH and your mom.  I completely understand.  I will be praying for you both.  I too had a bad day/week with my mom in the NH.  Today they told me she had fallen again and also got up last night and started beating up her roommate.  She has been screaming such a shrill loud scream at everyone and noone. The latest thing she is taking her clothes off.  I know this is true she does it when I'm there.  No one knows why.  So today they told me the other pts. are complaining they can't sleep because she is screaming.  Tomorrow they are going to move her to another place.  Not sure where but one hospital they mentioned is a long drive from us and I can't drive it.  I don't know where the other place is.  They said it is a temporary move to try to find out why she is like this.  I agree we need to find out something.  I have found some of the staff seems very nice and kind others are there to collect a pay check.  I chase them down sometimes to change her diaper or whatever she needs.  I go every day but like you I can't spend the entire day.  I sit on the edge of the bed with her that is almost on the floor so she won't have far to fall if/when she gets up.  I'm at my wits end.  My brother in another state is upset because she is in a NH but I can't handle her anymore.  I have a bad back and I can't do the lifting & pulling not to mention the 24/7 care she needs.  Anyway I will be remembering you.  I hope your mtg. went ok today.  I go tomorrow for ours and a move.  I keep praying and giving this to God but then I guess I take it back on.  It sure is a difficult time.  I'm thankful you have Barbara to help you thru this.  God Bless.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 65
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:49 PM | Locked

Hmm Is,  I haven't seen that brother.  Guess I'll have to look it up.  Yes, I am not that far away from you,  we will have to get together sometime,  ---but after your family is all better. LOL   I was going to go to the Quilters Guild yesterday when I went to the DR, but the weather was just too nasty when I left the Dr office.  I just drove slowly home thru the snow squalls.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 8:12 PM | Locked

Oh Joyce, You are certainly in my prayers.  It is very difficult to see our parents in such an altered state of being.  It certainly sounds like she is having some signs of dementia.  I know what you mean about her taking off her clothes,  My Mom tried the same thing, but her arthrits was so bad she couln't get them off on her own, so she would fling her blanket back and pull her gown off or up.  Now you must understand that this lady had been a very prim and proper woman and this was very out of character for her.  She passed away shortly after this began though.  I guess it was God's way of protecting her dignity.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,649
Points 37,320
ls2116 replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

Talked with SIL and she said Ng tube is removed  FIL passed swallow test now after 3 wks gets to eat pureed food and i don't know he might be moved to NH but don't know for sure yet but I am so thankful for the good news that we got.

My thoughts and prayers are going out I hope difficult times improve and ailments.  

Maybe if we think warm sunshine and blooming flowers we will get early spring.  The power of prayer can be amazing.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,237
Points 239,627
Thea replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:23 AM | Locked

Joyce:
The latest thing she is taking her clothes off.

Joyce my Mom was doing this in the hospital and I didn't know why till I found out the medications that they put her on - they put her on a concoctions of drugs that just put her into a daze and she didn't know whether she was coming or going or who she was.  I am not sure why they do this to patients at all - My Mom has nor memory what so ever of the hospital stay - she doesn't remember falling and breaking her hip here at home.  She is hostile quite a bit still - she hasn't started screaming yet but I have a feeling that that might not be far off if she gets that into her mind that that is okay to do.  Thankfully, she can't get out of her bed to beat up on her room mate... oh my Ihate to think of that happening.  

She is very different though - I can't say that my Mom was ever the type that you would sit down and talk to - she never had much compassion towards people and was not what I would call a loving Mother - I had to learn how to love from friends - not my Mom - our house was a very cold house growing up - I had a wonderful best friend who taught me with her family what love was all about.  

I am having a tough time right now with trying to understand it all - to give the love and care to this woman who is my Mom and at the same time try and not feel guilty because they are her decisions to be the way she is.  

She did something a little over 6 months ago that was a precursor to this action that I didn't understand and still don't but we were waiting in a waiting room for her appointment with a doctor and we had gotten there a little early because i hate to be late - anyway a number of patients had gotten called a head of us - their appointments probably were before Mom's - well my Mom screamed out in the waiting room " Hurry up and WAit that is all they do to us - is make us get here and then Wait Wait Wait"  I looked at her in shock and asked her what she was doing and she said to me in all seriousness " the squeaky wheel gets the best treatment adn they need to attend to me now"... 

I don't know what came over her but I told her that if that was the way she wanted to behave that I would leave her to it as it was not correct in my eyes... she gave me a dirty look at the time but she shut up and didn't do it again.  

I know in my heart right now that she will never come home again but I have to take it one day at a time and do what she asks me to do - to tell them what she says even though I think in my heart of hearts that she is truly loving someone else feeding her and wiping her - all things that I just can not do - I can not in my mind understand why she has reverted to this 2 year old mentality... I know that is what I would call the behavior and I have that feeling that one of these days I will go over and she will have been moved to the ward where they are locked in for bad behavior... it would be nice to know why they act this way as I can't completely put it on the drugs that they gave her as she had this bad behavior before she was given the drugs.

I wish you the best of luck with your Mom.  We can truly empathize with each other.  I pray each and every day and am trying to do the best I can - I can only do so much and without Barbara telling me almost every day that I am not doing anything wrong - believe me my huge guilt complex would be the ruin of me - so far the Lord is helping me keep my head above water.

I so wish that I felt better physically too though - would make it so much easier - trying to do things when you are in horrendous pain is tough.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you in the decisions you have ahead and know that neither of us should feel at all guilty about what our parents are doing... this is their life and I think deep down they know this too.  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,114
Points 14,370
Dawn replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 7:02 AM | Locked

What am I up to today?  Well, it's Thursday, so will be going into town and shopping w/my kids and then lunch w/my Mom.  Gotta get some groceries too, before the snow starts, which they are saying around 6 . . . we will see.  Was hoping to go to Des Moines, but nope, not w/the snow coming.  I like snow, but it just ruined my birthday weekend.  :-(

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,502
Points 50,685
Ginny replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:06 AM | Locked

That's good news , Is Now to see if he can tolerate the food.  One step at a time.   Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 539
Points 8,465
Joyce replied on Thu, Feb 21 2013 8:08 AM | Locked

Hi Ginny & Thea, just read both your notes and thank you so much.  It is good to know someone understands what you are going thru.  Ginny mom is like you said your mom was this just is not her at all.  Now she has always had a hateful streak at times mainly due to temper I think but this is not her and is terrible.  They don't have her on any new meds except the ativan occasionally when they can't do anything to calm her.  The nurse said yesterday that they can't keep her on that.  Mom has arthritis really bad also and has lost about 6 inches in her spine so she is in pain a lot but has had that for years.  I know she is very angry and has been since my dad passed away 17 years ago.  She really has never liked people.  I pray with her and talk to her.  Just waiting on a call telling me to sign papers today.  Thank you again for your prayers and encouragement.  Have a Blessed Day.

Joyce

Page 24 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 22 23 24 25 26 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use