Top 10 Posters

What Are You Up to Today? #7

Page 22 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 2,472 Replies | 40 Followers

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:21 PM | Locked

The bug hit me also but I didn't get much done.  I went to see my mom at the nursing home but she had had a very active and hetic am so they had given her something to settle her.  She was sleeping like a baby I gave her a kiss told her it was me she said I know was was back in  dream land.  I told the nurse I was leaving I wasn't going to get her stirred up.  I came home all ready to work in my sewing room to make a path (it is also called the room of doom, a mutliple use room).  But then I became very dizzy and feeling sick so I have been in my husbands recliner most of the day.  I'm bummed I really thought I could sew something today.  You should post pic of your clean room for us.

Joyce

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 5,109
Points 109,590
chocake2 replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:22 PM | Locked

Nancy, as long as you're in the mood, I have lots of shelves that need organizing...

Joyce, Sprout is now 9 months old. Nearly 9.5! He walked 3 consecutive steps the other day... But thankfully hasn't done it again. I'm in no rush to have a toddler in thehouse!

Ginny, the quilt is darling! Don't forget to post it in show and tell!!

Quilters are people who strip so they won't go topless.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,222
Points 18,895
weezee56 replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:52 PM | Locked

Ginny, Such a cute quilt.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,222
Points 18,895
weezee56 replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:54 PM | Locked

chocake2:
Sprout is now 9 months old.
My oldest DD started walking at 9 months and by 10 months she was running. It is such a fun age.

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 608
Points 9,680
Joyce replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 5:58 PM | Locked

Sorry I meant to say MNancy on my last post. 

Joyce

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,805
Sukochi replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:22 PM | Locked

Ginny, such a darling quilt. Will be a happy baby with that.

Afton's quilt still needs the binding, but,  I need the label first. Ry still hasn't done it. Afton's grandmother put a vid on FB today, for his first journey across a room! He will be a year old on the 12th of March. He always crawls around with one sock on and one sock off. Today's vid was no different. He was just high tailin' it across that room with one bare foot. So cute.

Well guess who is sick in our house now? Yep, it's me. Last night,  I started feeling terrible. Cough, sore throat, feeling just like rotten dirt.  Today, woke up even sicker. Went back to bed about 9 and slept til 12. Then got in a real hot shower and just let the steam soak in.  Don't feel any better for it though.

Did get the Pruple quiltie finished and ready to go out in the mail. That ends my obligations to PCP for this next month. Have too much to do, to take on any more swaps right now. Came up with the design for the Easter Post Cards that Nan ordered. So, now all that needs to be done is to go hunt up the things I need to make them. Don't want to touch Afton's quilt while I am sick. Even through it will be washed, I would feel terrible if he got sick because of me. Although, he is a perfectly healthy little boy now.

Cold and rainy this a.m. Warmed up some and the rain went away. Forecast say rain the rest of the week though. Rats. I want sun, flowers, blooms, soft Spring breezes....

All have a good evening and I will check back in the a.m..

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:38 PM | Locked

Ginny:

Well, I got the baby's quilt posted finally, but it left no room for a note on that screen. LOL    Ginny

Cute quilt Ginny.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,976
Points 368,797
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:39 PM | Locked

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
Well guess who is sick in our house now? Yep, it's me. Last night,  I started feeling terrible. Cough, sore throat, feeling just like rotten dirt.  Today, woke up even sicker. Went back to bed about 9 and slept til 12. Then got in a real hot shower and just let the steam soak in.  Don't feel any better for it though.

Sorry you're sick. Hope it passes quickly. Get lots of rest.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,504
Points 417,409
gini replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:50 PM | Locked

cute quilt, ginny

gini in north idaho

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,608
Points 52,050
Ginny replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

Thank you for the lovely comments about my Baby bear quilt.  I got the idea from Jo who had posted a picture of a charity quilt she was working on.  The pattern is by Marcia Hohm posted in the quilters cache.com.  It started with a 24" square that was enlarged with the borders and ened up being 40" square.  I used quilters dream green as the batting and am very impressed with the way it turned out.   Ginny

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:01 PM | Locked

Ginny, cute quilt

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,879
Points 40,525
ls2116 replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:04 PM | Locked

Lajaun feel better soon.  My remedy popsicles, pickles, vitamin c, and some chicken noodle soup not all at once of coarse.

I have a new question I'm gonna post on my debate between topaz and janome 6600.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,611
Points 247,177
Thea replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 5:42 AM | Locked

Hi, I am asking for lots of prayers today.  I am not doing good - there is a huge weather system marching its way across the country from CA to Arkansas - and it is here in Oklahoma and will be here for the next 2 days.  I have been in a greater degree of pain for the last couple days and the answer was the weather.  my body just tunes in to it and I hurt horribly.  I woke at 4 a.m. and had to take my pain meds this morning just to be able to get the levels down from a 10 to an 8.... 

On top of that, I have to go and talk to them at my Mom's NH today.  I am so so upset... I thought that by having her brought to this nursing home that she wuold get the best treatment - it is supposed to be the best in Enid... and i thought that she was lucky to get in.  She was doing good - not well - and no one said a word to me about anything different.  I can't be at the NH 24/7 - it just is not possible - and the accomodations there are not conducive to visitors - she has a bed in her room and 2 dressers - we purchased and took over a recliner for her to sit in but guests or visitors stand or sit on the edge of the bed... not comfortable.  So I stay for as long as I can while she dozes in her chair - can't listen to TV as she has it on the head phones - so no entertainment... no biggy - I thought it was best for her to get the sleep she needed to recover...

Well, they were upset about her eating - I told as many of the aides and nurses that i have seen that she isn't really a fussy eater - but that she likes just certain things and she will eat them every meal - well they bring her the cafeteria food which she doesn't want - and she doesn't eat it - so I was told I could bring food from home so I got the Schwann's potato soup out of the freezer and took it over - she was given it only when I would remind them it was there and then they threw it out as it was past the date that it should have been opened up by - no common sense what so ever - but didn't bother to tell me either???  So when they complained to me about her eating and I went to get the soup - no soup - to say I was perturbed would be putting it mildly - but I don't want them taking it out on her so was quiet...

So I will put soup in small containers and take them every other day to solve that problem - they did make her soup in the kitchen and bring it to her??? why not every day do this???  she pays over $171 a day to be there I think that they could do this for that kind of money???

So yesterday I am skyping with Barbara - my log says we got on Skype around 9 a.m. - we are sewing away and at 1:24 my phone rings - 2nd phone call all day - I answer and it is the NH - they want to make an appointment with me about my Mom's care for today - no big deal - I make the appointment and ask how my Mom is doing - I had a dr's appt. at 2:30 and was going to stop there on my way home - well I was informed she had just returned from the hospital - I said WHAT... when did she go to the hospital and for what reason... Well, I am not sure I will have to transfer you to the nurse... I am transferred but I don't get the nurse I get an aide that hasn't a clue as to what is going on - finally the nurse is put on the phone...

She informs me that she called me at 10 a.m. - I said No you didn't - she says Yes I did I left a message on your answer machine - again I tell her that she did not call me - I show the logs to Barbara via Skype and you can see that no phone call has come in from the NH... and Barbara and I had been skyping and the phone had not rang or she would have heard it... So perturbed I am again...

Finally, I learn that her left hip is swollen and bruising and that they took her in for a Catscan which shows nothing... then I am told that she has not been participating with PT because she complains of pain in the hip area and that they had done x-rays... now I have been there every day and not one nurse has bothered to tell me any of this - not one word... so upset - yes I am - I tell them that she wants to come home and knows that she has to get better to do that and the only way to do that is through PT and she is telling me that she is trying but there is pain...

So what am I to do... I don't know... Jay went over while I was at my dr's appointment because through Skype Barbara was able to tell him what was going on as I wasn't home - he told them no phone call - they checked there #s and they had the right # so either the nurse is outright lying or she dialed the wrong # - I am not sure of which but today I have to be calm this afternoon to get through this meeting and try to get to the bottom of all of this.

I had thought by putting her in this NH which has a good reputation that she would get good treatment but I have not seen it yet - not at all - ridiculous if this is the best they have to offer and it is this - I can't imagine what the other NH's in this town offer if this is the best.... Oh yes, they tag all her clothes and they wash them every day and her bed is made with clean sheets each day - but where is the humane treatment that she should be getting...

And if there is swelling and bruising of the hip there must be something wrong even if the xray and catscan show nothing - I had 3 MRI's done on my neck a few years ago within weeks of each other the 1st two showed nothing - the last showed the disc was completely ruptured and had been for almost a year from what the dr told me when he did the surgery - he had to dig out little pieces from all over... I had been in extreme pain but told I was a malingerer by the AF because I kept saying I was in pain - boy did they have to swallow their words when the ruptured disc was found... I was told then that it all depends on the positioning that the tech does of  the body part and that sometimes you need to reposition several times and take more then just a few films to see it correctly... 

Am I distrustful of doctors - Yes I am so distrustful - having been diagnosed by 6 that say I have RA and 3 that say I don't - no one seems to care anymore - just pay me the money and go away...

So I am asking you to pray for me that I can find a way to calm myself down so that by the time I go to this meeting that the Lord will intervene on my Mom's behalf and that all the good people there who I know deep down want nothing but the best for her will find a way past the Devils itinerary and do the best that they can for her.  Please pray that the healing hands of the Lord intercede here and do what needs to be done.  I truly can not take anymore bad news right now.  I can not heal her or care for her and have left it up to them and they need to do their jobs now  - they truly do - this isn't my job it is theirs but I have to find a way to help to make it happen.  

So thank each and everyone of you in advance that takes a few minutes out of your day to say a prayer for my Mom and for me - I truly appreciate it!

• | Post Points: 80
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:23 AM | Locked

Thea, So very sorry your Mom is not being treated like she should.  You know you can count on my prayers for you all.  Read the Psalms, they always calm me down.  Praying for peace for you.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,151
Points 14,955
Dawn replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:28 AM | Locked

Well it is a balmy 1 here this morning, but going to warm up to 23!  WoooHooo!  Tomorrow afternoon, we will start getting that snow storm, 5-7 inches.  yay.  At least I can have my B.day shopping w/my kids and lunch w/my Mom. 

Today, I will run to the office to hopefully do some work.  Then off to lunch and bowling.  Praying I do well and at least get my average.  Then home and putting my feet up!  DH will go and play bass guitar for worship at the Prayer Center so will have the nite to watch maybe a chick flick!  YAY!!!

Everyone have a great day!!!

Page 22 of 165 (2473 items) « First ... < Previous 20 21 22 23 24 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use