Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 73 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,720
Nana replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:53 PM | Locked

Gini those are really pretty projects.   I like the FF block.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,395
Points 119,521
Patti replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 6:54 PM | Locked

MNnancy:
Patti, do we get to see it?

Yes, I will post a picture this evening. 

I thought I was on a roll, and so cheerfully started something else.  I had purchased some laminated fabric to make a rain poncho.  So I cut it out, being careful to place the fabric so all the flowers would be right side up.  Feeling pretty pleased with myself, I started marking it and taking the pins out.  Ahhhhh . . . . . . . I have 2 right fronts, 2 right backs, 2 right hoods.  Thankfully they store still had some fabric and is holding it for me.  So I will make 2 of them.  One for me and one for a friend.  We'll be twins.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Worked on what I said I wasn't going to do, the Log Cabin quilt.  Now I know why I didn't continue with the last one I started and instead turned it into a pillow...I can not keep the strips straight or the seams the right size.  I think I figured out my problem, but now hope I can stretch the blocks to fit each other.  So far have only made two, and love the looks of them but they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than they should be.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,337
Points 414,644
gini replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:30 PM | Locked

karla, is the quilt only log cabins.   if it is, because of all the seams, it should go together fine and quilt up nicely even if the blocks are a bit off-size

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,583
Points 75,695
Karla replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 7:40 PM | Locked

Yes, it's going to be 20 12-1/2 inch (well not really with my sewing) log cabin blocks, bordered in red.  I thought about sashing them in red, but I probably won't (unless, course, I have trouble lining up all of those seams).  This is going to be a quilt from the 3 grandsons (and me, of course) to their TaeKwonDo instructor.   The instructor has used a lot of dragons to decorate the Dojang, so I ordered the red/black/grey/white Tatsu fabric that Max used on the back of her grandson's quilt for the backing on this one.  

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 48
Points 760
Valerie replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:05 PM | Locked

"but they are 1/4 to 1/2 inch smaller than they should be."

I would not worry about this so much. Honestly i have the same problem. it all works itself out. if you have the same problem with each block they all will fit together nicely. Uniformity is what counts with this pattern.

I also love the colors that you have chosen.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:38 PM | Locked

Wendy, your quilt is very nice. I think both your teacher and his wife will appreciate it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:40 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I got Chrome because Craftsy said their videos would work better on that browser.  The do download faster and I can watch at least a sentence or more per download instead of half a word!!!  I get tired of watching videos when they stop and download with everyone's mouth open mid-word!  They still are difficult to watch, but I can at least get a idea of what they are trying to teach! 

Marsha, I was having the same problem with Craftsy even after switching to Chrome (at their suggestion) so I sent an email to their support desk.  They advised me to turn off the "HD" function, and I no longer have any problems whatsoever with the downloading and/or playback.  It was like a miracle, and the quality is not that different!  

On the play bar (where the arrow is on the left) you should see a "HD" on the right.  Click on the "HD" and a line should go through the "HD" (in effect, turning it off) and things should speed up tremendously.  

If that doesn't work for you, I would suggest you contact their support desk yourself for assistance.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:43 PM | Locked

Very cute purse Brigit-Carol. Even if you don't carry purses that big it does make a great fabric shopping bag....and if you gift it, someone will be very very happy to get it.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:44 PM | Locked

Sukochi your quilt looks great!  Some child will have wonderful dreams under it!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:47 PM | Locked

Cute puppy quilt Michelle. Who are you making it for? Someone will be very happy to get this.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 8:54 PM | Locked

Cute table topper Christine!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,342
Points 46,405
Angele replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:00 PM | Locked

Wow Gini, you have been very busy. I love your quilt with the black background. The one with the embroidered blocks will make a little girl very happy and your fantasy block just looks perfect. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 653
Points 12,345
Michelle replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:03 PM | Locked

Thanks Angele,  I had a good time making this one.  No one scheduled for this one. I don't usually make quilts without a plan, this is the first that I will have at the ready for a gift when needed!!

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:10 PM | Locked

Patti:

I thought I was on a roll, and so cheerfully started something else.  I had purchased some laminated fabric to make a rain poncho.  So I cut it out, being careful to place the fabric so all the flowers would be right side up.  Feeling pretty pleased with myself, I started marking it and taking the pins out.  Ahhhhh . . . . . . . I have 2 right fronts, 2 right backs, 2 right hoods.  Thankfully they store still had some fabric and is holding it for me.  So I will make 2 of them.  One for me and one for a friend.  We'll be twins.

Argh, I hate when that happens!  I've done that a time or two.

Page 73 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 71 72 73 74 75 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use