Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 29 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:25 PM | Locked

I bought a slew of long arm rulers at the Mid Atlantic quilt festival last weekend, and I was soooo looking forward to using them today. The ruler hopper foot came but when I put it on today it's the wrong foot!  The foot hits the screw on the needle bar.   Waaaa Haaaa Haaaa

I've got one of Thea's Christmas quilts loaded and it's beautiful!  The borders are pieced beautifully and there are appliqued houses in each block. It's calling out for ruler work.  Oh well, life happens...  I'll have to wait another week for the right foot to arrive.  Until then, I've got plenty of piecing to do.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 7:19 AM | Locked

This is a cute pattern  Christine. Thanks for sharing.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Mon, Mar 4 2013 12:37 PM | Locked

I fixed the problem I had with the hopper foot, and thought I'd share in case someone else has the same problem.  I uploaded a tutorial on my blog if anyone wants to bookmark for future reference....

http://quiltdasher.blogspot.com/
the post is dated March 4, 2013

Yippee!  I'm happily long arming today with the new rulers.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:26 AM | Locked

I have the day off, and DH will be gone most of the day, so I am free (without DH's commments "when are you going to finish. . .") 

I have long thought about making something for sale for farmer's market, or art in the park.  So, I might try making hats.  I know most patterns state on them, that one cannot use them to make items for sale, so I will have to come up with my own pattern. 

Yup, think that is what I will do.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 11:29 AM | Locked

Patti:

have long thought about making something for sale for farmer's market, or art in the park.  So, I might try making hats.  I know most patterns state on them, that one cannot use them to make items for sale, so I will have to come up with my own pattern. 

Actually, if you want to know the truth,  It's against the law for designers to restrict items made for sale. 

"Quilters are passionate about their craft and like most passionate people, they tend to focus on what they want to believe as opposed to what they should believe, and those beliefs should be based upon facts, statutes and court decisions. Most articles out there are written by people who quilt so their articles tend to reflect their biases. We do not quilt so our bias is reflected by facts, statutes and court decisions. "   I copied this from the following website:
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/CopyrightLaw/Quilting/Quilting.shtml

Hope this helps!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 12:47 PM | Locked

Christine:

Christine:
Actually, if you want to know the truth,  It's against the law for designers to restrict items made for sale. 

Christine, thanks for posting this link!  Very informative article with lots of supportive documentation.  This is an important topic and all of us who even consider selling a quilt or quilt design should know the facts.  Thanks again...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 1:21 PM | Locked

Thank you so much Christine.  Every pattern and book of patterns I have state that any items made from the pattern can only be for personal use and cannot be sold.  It is nice to know this is not true.  I am always careful however to give credit in anything I do to the designer, and never copy the pattern or design itself to give away.  I may give away the original once I have used it. 

I now have a hat pattern I developed and I am going to try and put it together this afternoon.   I have yet to fine a pattern that really fits my head so this will be an original.  (hats are usually propped up by my ears, not very comfortable. 

But I have lots of other patterns I have purchase over the years, that I now know I can use to make hats to sell.

Again, thanks so much.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 10:11 PM | Locked

Here is my sun hat, my own design and it's reversible. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 155
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Wed, Mar 6 2013 11:37 PM | Locked

Cool hat!  Looks like a winner to me!  Thanks for sharing the photo.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:54 AM | Locked

Christine:

Patti:

have long thought about making something for sale for farmer's market, or art in the park.  So, I might try making hats.  I know most patterns state on them, that one cannot use them to make items for sale, so I will have to come up with my own pattern. 

"Quilters are passionate about their craft and like most passionate people, they tend to focus on what they want to believe as opposed to what they should believe, and those beliefs should be based upon facts, statutes and court decisions. Most articles out there are written by people who quilt so their articles tend to reflect their biases. We do not quilt so our bias is reflected by facts, statutes and court decisions. "   I copied this from the following website:
http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/CopyrightLaw/Quilting/Quilting.shtml

Hope this helps!

Christine, I can't thank you enough for post this. I read and re-read the entire article. It cleared up so many questions I have had for so many years. This will help me in the future tremendously. I had always questioned this concept. I've been selling items of clothing I have made for years and always wondered when someone would try to sue me. I'm a happy camper now. Also, now I know where to go for many other questions and answers. Again, thanks so much.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:56 AM | Locked

Patti:

Patti, I love your hat. It's adorable.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 626
Points 9,320
MaggieNae replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 11:53 AM | Locked

Patti, love the hat.  You could make them in a larger brim too.  I'd want one.  What would you sell them for?

Margaret

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,070
Points 16,400
weezee56 replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:32 PM | Locked

Patti:

Very nice Patti, blue is my favorite color.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,653
Marie replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 12:59 PM | Locked

Very pretty hat and very pretty lady, Patti!

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Mar 7 2013 3:39 PM | Locked

Patti, very neat hat!  I think these will do very well at a street or art fair.

Have you decided on a price point?  To me that is the hardest thing...much harder than making the item...LOL!  You really don't want to sell yourself short, but if you price it too high you may not get many buyers.  It's a tough dilemma!

Also, love your new avatar!!!

Winthrop, WA

Page 29 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use