Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 15 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 5:59 PM | Locked

Marsha-SM:
I was just getting ready to do these quilts, but not quite so fast!  Rich will be gone all day tomorrow, so maybe I can reach my goal of at least getting one done

Hope you get the sewing time you want Marsha. Your MQ5 is really pretty.

Good luck with therapy.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:00 PM | Locked

Donna:
A Star is Born!!!!!  I have the middle of Sarah's Wedding quilt completed.  It has many puckers and a few tucks, but all in all I am pretty please.  I am sure my excellent longarm quilter can handle those.  And besides if it were pe

Very nice Donna. It's gorgeous.

Donna:
Give me your honest opinion.  Would you give it as a wedding gift?

It would be hard to let it go. It's so pretty. Your daughter and SIL will love it.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,819
Points 352,402
Kris replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:05 PM | Locked

Angele:

Kelley, I also recently bought polka dots and was wondering what to. Do with them... I will check out what ideas you get and maybe "borrow" one or two...lol

Here's a pattern called "Ladybug in Polka Dotville". You don't have to do the ladybug appliqué if it doesn't tickle your fancy.

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:11 PM | Locked

If I had that polka dot material I'd probably do something like the old fashioned chilhood twister game .

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:15 PM | Locked

Kris:
Here's a pattern called "Ladybug in Polka Dotville". You don't have to do the ladybug appliqué if it doesn't tickle your fancy.

Awesome Kris.. Thanks...

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:16 PM | Locked

ls2116:
If I had that polka dot material I'd probably do something like the old fashioned chilhood twister game .

I have never heard of this.. please do tell....

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 417
Points 10,440
Donna replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:41 PM | Locked

Thank you all again.  Today I did start working on the border.  the first part of the border has the light color  and the very middle dark color, you cut  3 3/4 inch squares then cut them twice diagonally, sew a dark to the light in sort of a V form. I need 136 of them one the the darks on one side and 136 with the darks on the other side. After sewing about 20 of the, I looked at my stack of darks and lights and though, I dont have enough.  so I counted them,  I had 136 not 136x2.  Went back to the instructions.  Wait,  does it say to cut TWICE diagonally???? I only cut ONCE.  So I finished cutting the 116 that were not sewn and now I have to UNSEW the 20 that are.  Oh well at least no major harm done.

I also quilted 1 of the 20 christmas stockings I a making for the famdamly.  I plan to quilt at least 4 a month, so I am a little behind this month because I only have a total of 6 done, Once I have the fabric quilted, I will then cut out the stocking, embroider names on them, sew them together and add the white stuff on top. 

Now when will I get back the the 3 Bonnie Hunter quilts I have started?????  I guess if we ever run out of projects then it must be time to die, kind of like the shoes in Mr Magory's Magic Emporium movie.  lol

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,057
Points 170,727
MNnancy replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 8:33 PM | Locked

Kris:
Here's a pattern called "Ladybug in Polka Dotville".

Kris, that is just the cutest!  Wish I had seen that when I was cutting my polka dot material for one of my retreat projects.  There will be pictures of that coming next week.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,162
Points 15,470
Susan replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 9:08 PM | Locked

Well, Im making a queen size (courthouse steps twist pattern) 30 12 1/2" blocks which you sew together then cut in half and half again, mix them up and sew together again. I did not follow the pattern when it said press to the dark side,well when I started sewing a lot of the seams had to be re- ironed so I could  nest the seams. And of course not all my blocks were exactly sq. so I had to stop and do that. I am patiently working on this while trying not to cuss at myself for not thinking through the pattern directions. It is a gift for my DSis so I would like it to be nicely made. She has no idea how much goes into a quilt but will appreciate it.  Well, back to my sewing room. Have a good night everyone.  Susan  

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,380
Points 24,095
Roxana replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 9:52 PM | Locked

Susan,
Don't worry about her not knowing how much work goes into a quilt. She'll show it to someone who'll tell her! I gave my mother a quilt for Christmas and when she showed it to her friends, one told her about all the work! .... No one will be able to see the mistakes you made along the way since they are only known to you! The quilt will be beautiful! I can't wait to see a picture of the completed project.
Roxana 

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,576
Points 36,070
ls2116 replied on Sat, Feb 23 2013 10:00 PM | Locked

Kelley  It was  a  vinyl  material white background  colored circles don't remember how many rows but each row had circles in different  colors red green blue yellow  alternating I think.  Now the game had a spinner right foot left foot  right hand left hand marked for each color some one used the spinner and there were two people on the vinyl mat you kept making your individual moves trying to remain the last standing while getting tangled in the others moves .

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,567
Points 30,544
Kelley replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 6:29 AM | Locked

Does anyone know who makes these embroidery designs/

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,372
Points 48,740
Ginny replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 7:27 AM | Locked

Sorry, don't know, Kelley, but they sure are cute.    Ginny

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,807
Points 43,614
Eileen replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:22 AM | Locked

Kelley:

ls2116:

I have never heard of this.. please do tell....

Kelley, here's a picture of the "board" for twister: img thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=6580543

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 237
Points 4,290
Christine replied on Sun, Feb 24 2013 8:50 AM | Locked

Hi ladies!  Did anyone else go to the Mid-Atlantic quilt festival this week?  I was there yesterday and it was wonderful!  Rode on a bus with our quilt guild, usually I drive up and stay in a hotel for a night. Riding with 50 other quilters was heaven! 

I finally found the long arm rulers I needed.  And at a good price I might add.  I stopped by the Tin Lizzie booth and learned some wonderful things about the new motor Tin Lizzie is using now. 

I bought some Moda candy and will get busy sewing a small wallhanging today! 

Page 15 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use