Top 10 Posters

Did You Work on a Quilt Today? #7

Page 12 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,699 Replies | 49 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,784
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 6:54 AM | Locked

Kelley:

Need ideas to do something with this embroidery....

Kelly, what are deminsions on this cute pair of monkeys?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,353
Points 174,683
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 7:38 AM | Locked

Donna, see, told ya, you're a regular quilting pro now.  You've got the terminology down, "quilt out".  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 655
Points 16,585
Brigit-Carol replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:31 AM | Locked

Candace Weiss:

Hi,

How do I get the pattern to make the block of the months? I have joined the group, but can't seem to find the how to.

Candace W. 

That was last year's BOM on Craftsy.  Go to Craftsy.com and click on online classes>quilting.  Scroll down the to bottom - it's titled Block of the Month 2012.  The current one is up and running also and is titled Block of the Month 2013.  Both are free.  

Brigit-Carol

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560
Melissa Halpain replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 11:35 AM | Locked

Judy T-Bellingham:
She also told me that if I showed ANYONE this picture she would disown me. "Grandma, I don't have make up on, my eyes are all squinty, I look like a doofus"

Wow, if this is how she looks without makeup, she doesn't need it. She is just adorable. I can still see the sparkle in her eyes Her quilt is adorable and I'm sure the recipient will love it. I thought she wanted it to look that way. It's like burning something you cook, you just call it blackened. I love her beautiful quilt.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:48 PM | Locked

Annie your craftsy BOM is looking great!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:16 AM | Locked

Judy,

how lucky you are to have a granddaughter to quilt with. She is beautiful and has a terrific smile. Quilt is darling. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:36 AM | Locked

Patti, sorry I missed you last night, this quilt is beautiful! Oh the sweet dreams this baby will have! I love your butterfly and the way you arranged the pinwheels around it.  Great work!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:41 AM | Locked

Kelley these are cute monkeys.  Your quilt looks great from here.remember that when you look at the quilting look at it from six feet away. If you can't see the flaw or ooops from there, no one else will.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:47 AM | Locked

Brigit-Carol, your quilt is beautiful!  I'm not sure what I would do, maybe some pie Ed borders on top and bottom? Like a checkered border or a seminole one? And then add your final borders around it all.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:49 AM | Locked

Wow Maryann your wedding ring quilt is very pretty...and it looks huge! Mine is in my UFO pile...sigh! This calls for many months of UFOs for me!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,389
Points 46,865
Angele replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:56 AM | Locked

Judy, your granddaughter is beautiful, even without makeup!  She did a beautiful baby quilt too! Do you think baby will mind if the border goes one way or another?  I think her friend will just be so pleased to get that quilt!

Angèle  from NWO

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 22
Points 615
maryann replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 1:01 PM | Locked

I want to say thank youu to the quilter who mentioned using a bamboo skewer for a stiletto.  I now have one taped to my machine so I can quickly fine it.  works super   great tip.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,714
Points 364,457
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 6:45 PM | Locked

I think that was me Maryann. I'm glad it works for you.

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,344
Points 28,400
Marsha-SM replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:27 PM | Locked

Haven't caught up on posts since last week.  That is when I told about frogging FMQ on wheelchair quilt and then finally finishing it.  Haven't even touched the machine since except for turning it on, setting it ready for FMQ in anticipation of geting some quilting done,  and then being dragged off to something else.  Then tonight.....................got message that 2 quilts I was donating to a benefit for nephew's wife were to be delivered tonight - the benefit isn't for 2 weeks so thought I had at least a few more days to quilt them.  The tops are from my UFO pile - one is the 2nd MQ5 which I named Allegany Spring.  The first one is the quilt I donated to grandson's senior class auction. 

I got my cutting table set up again tonight, dragged out these tops (2 are older and I have no pictures) so hope to get this one and one of the others which are about the same size sandwiched and one quilted tomorrow.  If I get another done, I will send both with SIL Saturday.  She plans to come to see her mother then and will take them with her.  Her daughter-in-law has breast cancer and is in treatment now.  The small town they live in is having a chinese auction the first week of March to help with the expenses.  I guess they want the quilt (or quilts) to display before the benefit. 

Things have been so busy here with Rich recovering from his knee surgery and me going to a new type of pressure-point therapy for my fibromyalgia.  The therapy is helping loosen up my tight muscles, but it stirs up the pain and fatigue for 24 hours after treatment.  We are a great pair.  Rich is now riding with his substitute driver to help with the paperwork, but comes home exhausted and in pain from riding in the truck with his feet down.  The first thing he does when he gets home is flop in his chair with an ice pack on his knee, puts his feet up and sleeps so hard I have a hard time waking him up for supper.  I want to do the same after my therapy, but I have been doing some major house cleaning, so do that when I can.  I have therapy twice a week, so that cuts my at home time down.  I was just getting ready to do these quilts, but not quite so fast!  Rich will be gone all day tomorrow, so maybe I can reach my goal of at least getting one done.  Friday I have therapy again, so probably won't feel like quilting when I get home.  Maybe I will have the first quilt ready for binding and will be able to at least do that.  One benefit of the therapy so far is letting me get some sleep at night.  My neck doesn't hurt so much while I am trying to sleep and the muscles behind my knees are not knotting and cramping up so much. 

I will now look back at everyone else's work.  I had to post this while I had a little brain-power left.  Hope everyone is weathering the winter's nasties without too many problems.  I don't like this roller-coaster weather -- blizzard one day, rain the next.  Give me even weather - either just winter or just spring!  Today was one of those blowy, blizzardy days.  Tonight the cold and wind are finding every crack in this old house.

Marsha - Western New York

• | Post Points: 35
Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 432
Points 11,070
Donna replied on Wed, Feb 20 2013 9:02 PM | Locked

A Star is Born!!!!!  I have the middle of Sarah's Wedding quilt completed.  It has many puckers and a few tucks, but all in all I am pretty please.  I am sure my excellent longarm quilter can handle those.  And besides if it were perfect it would look like it was manufactured, not made by me.  Please everyone say I am right in that aspect.  The borders is the next challenge.  Give me your honest opinion.  Would you give it as a wedding gift?

• | Post Points: 200
Page 12 of 114 (1700 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use