rated by 0 users
Answered (Verified) This post has 1 verified answer | 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 500 Contributor
Female
266 Posts
Points 4,965
Lesley posted on Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:07 AM

HELP!!!

I have used the large Twister to make a quilt for my goddaughter. It is the right length so only need to do a border down the sides to make it wider. As I have all the 5inch squares left from cutting the top I wanted to make a border and include lil' twister shapes. HOW?

I thought if I used the same fabric as the border on the quilt and 2 squares would that be enough to do the border?

Does that make any sense?

Lesley x

• | Post Points: 35

Answered (Verified) Verified Answer

Top 500 Contributor
Female
266 Posts
Points 4,965
Verified by Lesley

Evening ladies/

Well I have the solution. I take the 5inch squares left over from cutting the big Twister out. Stitch them together lengthways add a 3 inch border all way round then cut 2 little twister shapes per square and border then stitch together in normal way. I don;t have quite enough to do the whole side border but I will add more of the border fabric top and bottom and that will work. Will post a picture when finished.

Thanks for all your help though ladies.

xx

• | Post Points: 40

All Replies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,805

I looked in my Twister Books, but no directions for anything but a table runner.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
266 Posts
Points 4,965
Lesley replied on Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:01 PM

Sukochi thank you for looking.

My friend Claire ( quilt teacher) has done one so I will wait until class tomorrow and find out how it;s done. Will let you know when I find out !!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Female
71 Posts
Points 1,760

Hi Lesley, maybe this webpage is helpful

http://sunshowerquilts.blogspot.co.at/2012/03/easy-baby-quilt-with-large-twister.html

regards

beatrix

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
266 Posts
Points 4,965
Verified by Lesley

Evening ladies/

Well I have the solution. I take the 5inch squares left over from cutting the big Twister out. Stitch them together lengthways add a 3 inch border all way round then cut 2 little twister shapes per square and border then stitch together in normal way. I don;t have quite enough to do the whole side border but I will add more of the border fabric top and bottom and that will work. Will post a picture when finished.

Thanks for all your help though ladies.

xx

• | Post Points: 40
Top 25 Contributor
Female
4,849 Posts
Points 85,805

Hey, how did you get verified? And, what does that mean?

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use