rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 20 Replies | 4 Followers

Top 500 Contributor
Female
71 Posts
Points 1,780
beatrix posted on Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:29 PM

Hi everyone,

Does anybody know the name of the pattern of the quilt shown in the Lincoln movie on Thaddeus Stevens

bed ? A picture of the quilt would be great as well. 

Thanks

beatrix

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
11 Posts
Points 175

What colors were used in the quilt?   

Linda

• | Post Points: 20
Top 500 Contributor
Female
71 Posts
Points 1,780
beatrix replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:08 AM

Hi Linda, the stars were white or cream and dark blue and the squares were yellow / ochre. 

regards

beatrix

Not Ranked
Female
11 Posts
Points 175

That sounds pretty, Beatrix.  Was it a 2 block quilt, like a star block with an alternating plain square?  Or are you saying that there were blue and cream stars on a yellow background?  Trying to picture this  :)  I probably won't get to see this movie until it's out on video.

Linda

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 0

Hi Beatrix, I just watched the movie last night and wondered the same thing!  I made my husband stop the movie and I sketched the pattern.  When looked in the Quick and Easy Block Tool I have I realized the star pattern was an Ohio Star.  There are five of these in a nine patch block with a solid as the other four patches.  It was then surrounded (sashing) by a medium tan color.  The center square on the Ohio Star appeared to be the same color as the four blocks in the corners.  The other triangles seem to have a focus fabric and either the same color as the other solid blocks or something that gave it that appearance.  I have not found a picture of it yet, but am still looking.

• | Post Points: 0
Not Ranked
1 Posts
Points 20

It is a variation of an Ohio Star.  email me privately and we can discuss.

Top 500 Contributor
Female
71 Posts
Points 1,780

Hi Brenda, sounds that you have solved my problem.  How can I email you privately ?

• | Post Points: 5
Page 2 of 2 (21 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use