Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 125
Michelle Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:52 AM

Hello everybody!  My name is Michelle Johnson and I am from Cortez, Colorado.  I have always wanted to learn how to quilt, and a lady that i worked for quilted.  She showed me some of her books that she had and took me material shopping.  My first quilt was a double nine patch.  I have been hooked ever since.  I have even come up with my own designs.  I draw them out first and go from there.  Other quilts I have made is pinwheel, trip around the world reversable quilt and a few lovers knots.  Just thought I would give you and idea of a few quilts I have done and I have a lot more I would love to make.  Thank you for your time in getting to know me and I hope to get to know many of you as well.  I am also married and my husband doesnt mind going with me to buy material for the quilts I want to make.

Thank You,

Michelle

• | Post Points: 65
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 11:55 AM

Michelle,welcome to the club, look foward to seeing some of your quilts , I hope you will enjoy your time with us . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 20
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 125
Michelle replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:14 PM

Barbara, thank you for welcoming me to the club.  When I can find some or some pictures I would to show them to you.  I'm looking forward to some helpful advise also.  Sometimes that does help.  I have had to teach myself after and even during the first quilt.  But the ones I have made and given away the people have loved.  So I must be doing something right.  Michelle

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:18 PM

Michelle , gald you have folks who love them ,that what counts.  Just hang around here ,ask questions ,there are many talented members here ,Also check out the groups , there are lots of free groups and great projects to help you out ..Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,650
Points 135,977
Leslie replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:19 PM

Michelle, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 125
Michelle replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:27 PM

Barbara, there is no dought that I will be hanging around.  This is the best gift my husband gave me for Christmas.  If I have any questions I will not be shy about asking.  I love to learn and if you dont ask you wont know.  I cant wait to see what kink of projects there are.  Michelle

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
Posts 4
Points 125
Michelle replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:30 PM

Thank you, Leslie. Cant wait to see and learn from all the quilters there are out there.  I pretty much learned on my own.  Michelle

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,406
Points 19,540

Welcome Michelle. You will love it here. Check out the "Show and Tell Gallery". You will learn a lot from all the wonderful people here. I also look forward to seeing your quilts. Again, welcome.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,127
Points 28,535
Wendy replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:55 PM

Welcome Michelle,

I will be going through Cortez a couple times this coming year.  My Mother ownes 5 acres of property between Monticello  and Blanding.  On top of Devel's canyon Gorge.

I go over to Durango and Silverton every time we are down there.   I try to put several quilts each year in the Silverton Quilt show in September.  If you have never been, you should check it out. I think that it is the second weekend in September.

I think we are going to ride the train to Silverton this year.   We will most likely spend a day at Mesa Verde. We have a Gentleman that we take care of that is mentally impaired, and he said that he would like to go. 

I hope that you enjoy it here as mush as we do. I look forwared to reading your posts

Wendy

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 762
Points 9,954
Rhonnie replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 3:05 PM

Welcome to QCA Michelle....come on in grab a comfy chair read and chat with the wonderful people here. There is alot of great ideas, help with problems, and wonderful people.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,468
Points 362,032
Kris replied on Sun, Feb 3 2013 10:09 PM

Welcome Michelle.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,664
Points 37,560
ls2116 replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 12:25 AM

Welcome Michelle Have fun with the inspiration for many quilts.  I've been thinking about making trip around world but that side is still in planning.

Quilting My Rainbow

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,354
Points 414,909
gini replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:46 PM

hi michelle, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,717
Points 436,765
Nana replied on Mon, Feb 4 2013 3:03 PM

Michelle

Welcome.  It doesn't take long to become addicted to quilting.   It is so fun and you get to meet some really awesome people.

Vinton, Virginia

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use