Top 10 Posters

tension problem

rated by 0 users
Not Answered This post has 0 verified answers | 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
8 Posts
Points 205
debo1256 posted on Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:26 PM

Hello ladies: I am relatively new to quilting, have done a few. The one I'm working on now is beautiful, I am free motion quilting the top now, but the thread doesn't seem to catch on backing. I've tried playing with the tension, rethreading, changing the thread, changing the bobbin...no luck...any suggestions?

Thanks, Debo 1256

• | Post Points: 50

All Replies

Not Ranked
Female
27 Posts
Points 340
Rita replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 4:38 PM

Not quite sure if I understand the problem.  Are you sure you've lowered the presser foot?

• | Post Points: 5
Not Ranked
Female
3 Posts
Points 15

You might try pulling your bobbin thread up to the top side of the quilt when you begin sewing. That way you will at least see that it's there starting out.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
28,123 Posts
Points 411,194
gini replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 5:47 PM

did you change your needle, too?

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
1,784 Posts
Points 30,506
Joni replied on Fri, Feb 1 2013 6:13 PM

My answer...take it to your local shop or where you purchased.  I have my machines tuned up every year, and my dealer goes over every thing and cleans it. 

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
1,019 Posts
Points 12,865

Debo, have you changed to a new brand of thread?  Did you trying unthreading everything and cleaning your machine?  Feed dogs?  Is your upper thread catching on something (like a rough spot in the spool)?

aka Grandma Sunshine

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use