Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna Posted: Mon, Jan 28 2013 3:50 PM
After a cold spell the days are somewhat warmer here. Thank God the days are getting longer! My DS is now out of the hospital. Thank you all for your T&P. She'd been in intensive for almost 3 weeks. She is now in a skilled nursing facility and doing much better. I'm back to my sewing machine. Good thing too, since the month is almost over and I haven't finished my QOV top yet. BTW, our local guild has an ongoing project with QOVF. They work with National Guard Armories or military bases to get the names of recipients. Their current batch of quilts is going to vets returning to Klamath Falls, Oregon in February. Recalling how some of you weren't sure if or how the QOV were distributed, I hope this info provides an answer to those who want to be involved but didn't know how. I haven't been online much for over a week and won't be spending much time here today. I hope all is well with you and yours and hope to visit soon. Quilty Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:40 PM

Thanks, Doona, for the QOV info. I want to make a quilt for our neighbor who was a medic in Vietanm and was, pretty much, brushed off when he came home. He helped  countless soldiers live and for him to get no recognition is shameful.

So glad to hear about your DS turn for the better. Will keep her in my prayers.

Take care, Will talk soon, I am sure.

(((HUGS)))

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,813
Points 352,312
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 29 2013 12:05 AM

Glad you sister's doing better Donna.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,949
gini replied on Wed, Jan 30 2013 1:57 AM

it is good to hear your sister is doing better,  i hope she continues to improve. 

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use