Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 5 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,119
Points 110,600

celima:
I live in Southern Spain where it is really difficult to obtain any quiting supplies, especially, material and cotton thread, so I have to rely on trips to the UK or, mail order suppliers.  The other downside is, not having any fellow quilters to discuss the best way of doing things, hence my joining this site........and my knees are suffering from crawling around on my hard, tiled floor, trying to tack everything in place....... 

Celima, Welcome! It's wonderful to meet you. You will find an endless source of folks more than happy to discuss quilting with you.
I can't crawl around on the floor to sandwich my quilts. I use my cutting table and smooth and pin as I move it around. I lay the backing down, smooth it, clamp it on two sides, add the batting, then the quilt top and clamp all three to the table edges. Pin, then un-clamp and move the sandwich up, smooth, clamp and pin again. It seems to work well. I did try putting several tables together at our center but they are so low that my back was screaming at me very quickly.
I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your projects. Post often Celima, don't be afraid to ask all kinds of questions. Glad to have you aboard.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:25 PM

hi celima, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,110
Points 410,964
gini replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:26 PM

do you have one large-ish wall?  i baste my quilts on a wall.

gini in north idaho

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,649
Points 135,942
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 6:31 PM

Hi Celima, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,295
Points 45,785
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:05 PM

Welcome Celima. I am from Canada, in a small town near the American border and the Manitoba border in Ontario. I have the luxury of being able to use the upstairs of our municipal office when it's not used for meetings.  The tables are a tad low but it beats crawling on the floor. The foam or volleyball knew pads would really help if you have to get on the floor to baste.  I hope you find a solution.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 2 of 2 (20 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use