starbound quilt need help

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 215
Joyfuldove Posted: Sun, Jan 27 2013 3:42 PM

I am cutting my pieces for the starbound quilt. I am a newbie and decided to take on this challenge.One of the pattern pieces tells me to cut it in reverse, I am not sure what this means. Please reply thank you.

• | Post Points: 35
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,509
Points 30,695
Diana replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:28 PM

If you have a piece with an end cut at an angle in one direction, cutting it in reverse means to cut it with the angle in the other direction....   one  with end  / ,   the other with end  \    .    Hope this makes sense.     One way to solve that is to put 2 pieces of fabric with right or wrong sides together and cut them at the same time.   One will be right and the other will be in reverse.      Hope this helps you out.

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,459
Points 40,890
Mimi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:31 PM

Hi Joyfuldove,   I guess it means to turn the pattern piece over and cut the fabric using the opposite side of the pattern.  It must be an oddly shaped piece that you need cut on both the right side of the pattern piece and then flip over to cut out the mirror image of the piece. It's the pattern piece you're flipping not the material.  Hope this makes sense to you.  If not there are lots of other more able quilters who can put in their two cents. 

And welcome to QCA.  I don't think I've seen you post before. Have fun and we all love seeing your wonderful quilty masterpieces.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 4:42 PM

You know, I am working on a quilt with 60 degree ends. It took me forever to get my mind around that. Haven't worked on that quilt in ages. Gotta pull it out, one day, but I know I won't remember how to cut those ends!! Giave me night mares till I got it worked out in my head. This one, you just have to look at hard once you "get" it. And, be careful. I screwed up, more then I should have, by not paying strict attention. And, it is a kit.

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,754
Points 38,910
ls2116 replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 9:03 PM

I think you turn the pattern piece over and cut but not sure never did a star.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Posts 13
Points 215

Thank all of you for the replies. I have now figured out how to reverse cut, you all were very helpful. Happy Quilting!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use