Top 10 Posters

Anyone bought or buying tree of life pattern from McCalls? If so how is it?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey Posted: Fri, Jan 25 2013 7:52 PM

Anyone bought or buying tree of life pattern from McCalls? If so how is it? Would you be able to do it using fusible applique? Or only hand applique? It really looks tough to do for beginners of applique but very lovely. If you have done this please share your insights and thoughts on the pattern and making of the beautiful quilt with us all. I am thinking of buying the pattern if it is not to hard but unlike other sites they don't list by level of quilter. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 8:05 PM

Carey,I don't know if it is the same one ,but thea just got one. I havn't seen it so I don't know if it is thesame. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,963
Points 368,547
Kris replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 9:57 PM

Carey,

it will work with fusible or whatever method of appliqué you prefer. It would be a challenge for a beginner but you could order it and do a simpler project to practice different techniques until you feel ready to tackle it. Some pattern writers may not list a difficulty level since it's all relative. Some beginners have great skill and may not have problems with a complicated pattern.

Let us know if you decide to purchase and make it. Visit the appliqué group for tips and encouragement.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,059
Points 13,715
Carey replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:16 PM

Thanks Kris and Barb. :). I have to wait at least two weeks until my next paycheck comes in to determine how much money is left after bills unfortunately. I'm not making enough money lol to support my growing and growing habit and pay all necessities :-(. I will probably purchase it and do what you suggested just not sure if it will be this month or a month or so down the road.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,729
Points 437,085
Nana replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 1:39 PM

Carey

I have found that food can be optional if I want to buy quilting stuff....LOL>

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use