Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 140
Bridget58 Posted: Thu, Jan 17 2013 1:15 PM

Hello ladies,

A while ago I introduced you to a Dutch designer, Jacqueline de Jonge - Becolourful. I met her at the International Quilt Festival in Houston. She makes stunning quilts. Last week I visited her Facebook page again, and there were such a beautiful pictures of her colorful designs, made by others. A lot of women made her designs and posted the results on her Facebook page.

Just take a look at her website, I'm sure it take your breath away. I think she's worth our attention :)

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Fri, Jan 18 2013 7:03 PM

Bridget, thanks for the info ,I'll have to check out facebook and see her designs . barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 19 2013 7:30 AM

I will definitely check it out.  I notice you have only posted to talk about her.  Tell us about yourself.   Are you working on a quilt using her designs?

and welcome to the group.  We do have a lot of fun here, and there is a lot to check out.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 140
Bridget58 replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 4:00 AM

Hello Patti,

Something about me..

Okay, well I'm quite new with quilting. Just trying to start my first project. I visited the International quilt festival last november, with my sisters, and I fell instantly in love with the designs of Becolourful. It was so much different what I had in mind by the word quilting. This was traditional quitling with a modern twist.

I bought myself a small pattern, Happiness, with a fabric kit and a DVD, so I'm ready to start. Now I'm just need some time to begin :)

And I definitely like this forum, there's a lot going on here!

Bridget

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 7:13 AM

HI Bridget, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 10:56 AM

Welcome Bridget.  Quilt shows are real eye openers.  Quilting has expanded so much with so many new techniques.  There is freedom in quilting.   No more coloring within the lines and just black and white zebras.  I like mine blue and orange!

Don't forget to come to us with questions if you have any.  There are so many talented women on this site, all helpful.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,548
Points 177,653
Marie replied on Sun, Jan 20 2013 5:49 PM

Hi Bridget, welcome to the family, enjoy and post often.

Millbury, MA

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use