Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 17 Replies | 2 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 57
Points 1,570
Donna Posted: Sun, Jan 13 2013 6:49 PM
Hi all, Sadly, my DS is back in the hospital after only a few days at a skilled nursing facility. Her BP an O2 were both too low. She's actually in ICU after it was discovered she has merca (sic). It's a highly contagious, antibiotic resistant infection usually contracted at the hospital. She's doing better. When I saw her Friday she had 6 IV drips going. Emotionally, it has been a very rocky road for her this past week. She's been in the hospital since early December and is really tired of being there. We should know in a day or two when she'll be released and whether or not she'll be able to go home or back to skilled nursing. The cancer that started all this is not even on the radar right now. She hopes to see her oncologist Monday ... Had a good time at our 1st BOM meeting. The placed was packed and the guild got 6 new members. The quilt is a 'Sparkling Sampler' from McCall's 'America Quilts for Christmas', 2010. I'm looking forward to seeing each block being finished. I'll post pictures IF I can find the cable that goes from my camera to the computer. Right now it''s just sitting here needing to be charged and downloaded. Argh ... I got good news from the cardiologist's office. The CT scans came back showing absolutely no sign of problems with the aneurism repair. There's also no indication that any more aneurisms are lurking elsewhere in my body. I don't have to go see him until June. Yippee! ... Kristen, I'm happy that your dads party was such a success. Great pictures! Your niece, Erica, is such a cutie and you look so good. Thank you for sharing with us. Joyce, My T&P are with you and your mom. It's a difficult time for all involved. We're going through the same thing with an aunt. She is adamant about staying in her home even though she's not really able to care for herself anymore ... I've got to mend some of DH's work pants. See you all next time. Hugs, Donna in Oregon
  • | Post Points: 95
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,024
Points 28,570
Ramona replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 8:25 PM

Donna,

So sorry to hear of your DS return to the hospital. I don't know much about MRSA except there are a couple of different forms. I pray your sister has a quick recovery from this and they find an antibiotic that will work with the form she has.  I'm sure you are emotionally drained.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 9:25 PM

Donna

So sorry to hear your sad news.  MRSA is not something to be messed with.  Hopefully they will get the infection under control quickly.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:41 AM

Donna,

sorry to hear about your sister. My prayers for both of you.

MRSA can be contracted in hospitals, schools, prisons or any crowded place. It can also be found in some beaches (the water). Healthy people can also carry it around without being infected. As Nana said it is nothing to mess with. I hope they get it under control

On the bright side; I'm happy your CT scan produced good results.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 1,507
Points 30,670
Diana replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 3:07 AM

Donna,   Hope your sister gets well soon. 

It has been a week I don't want to live over again.   We got the call about 5:30 last evening that my DFIL passed away. He was almost 84 and had cancer.  It was certainly a blessing.  DH's mom didn't want to worry about us driving up with the weather being so crazy and she said we wouldn't make it in time.  She was right.  Mom is going to have a memorial when the weather is better in the spring.   They've been married over 66 years.  It's going to be really hard for her now and we live so far away.  There are 2 daughters and another son that live close-by her and they were all with her at the nursing home when he passed.  It's been hard and I'm glad that my DH has a dr. appt. on Tuesday with his shrink.  He'll need to talk to her about all this.  She certainly helps him.

Thanks for listening. 

Diana (Bink) in East Tn. 

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,070
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:56 AM

Diana, this undoubtably will be very difficult for your husband to handle,  I will put both him and you in my prayers for healing,    Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,531
Points 51,070
Ginny replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 6:59 AM

Donna,  I will certainly put your sister in my prayers for healing.  MRSA is a difficult nasty thing to try to get rid of.   Ginny

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 7:27 AM

Everyone has bad news. Except, that you are doing well, Donna. That is a blessing. All have my prayers. You will get through this. Donna, that is scary about your sister. I am so sorry. If you get this in crowded place, I will stop going to Walmart!! jk

Sukochi

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 8:43 AM

Diana sorry to hear the sad new ,  you and DH are in my thoughts and prayers , Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Donna, I'm so sorry your sister is not doing well. I pray she will be out of the hospital soon.  

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,406
Points 415,664
gini replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 10:43 AM

donna, i am sorry to hear about your sister.

diana,  give your hubby a big hug for me,

gini in north idaho

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 72
Points 1,380

Diana, sorry to hear of the news of DFIL,  you and family are in my thoughts and prayers. 

Janis

TN

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,334
Points 20,045

Donna - I'm terribly sorry to hear about your sister.  As others have said, MRSA is bad stuff.  I hope she gets better soon.

Diana, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Raleigh, NC

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 2:42 PM

Diana

I am sorry to hear about your DFIL.  I know the loss is leaving an empty spot.  Hugs to you and your DH.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,750
Points 364,892
Kris replied on Mon, Jan 14 2013 3:01 PM

Diana:
  We got the call about 5:30 last evening that my DFIL passed away.

My condolences Diana.

Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use