Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 Posted: Thu, Jan 10 2013 1:43 PM

Does anyone know anything about the singer futura embroidery machines, and the software that comes with it? Like - is there a limit of the number of time you can install it on to your computers.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,912
Points 40,960
ls2116 replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:10 PM

Sorry I'm no help here hope you find your answer.

Quilting My Rainbow

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,737
Points 436,785
Nana replied on Thu, Jan 10 2013 2:12 PM

I had a Futura and didn't much like it.  The designs were very small and I found the software not to be very user friendly.  I don't think there was a limited number of installations though.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 200 Contributor
Female
Posts 356
Points 27,260

I have a Futura which is a glorified sewing machine for me.  I do not know about a limited number of installations of the software but I do know that my computer and machine no longer "talk" to each other.  When I plug the machine in and access the software, I receive the error message to turn on the machine and ensure that the USB is plugged in securely.  I have tried installing the software on a different computer and that did not resolve my issues.

I have taken off the embroidery cartridge and use it for FMQ because I can leave the feed dogs down and pull it out when I want to FMQ.

As Nana stated, I didn't really like the embroidery.  I struggled with hoop size and I am continuously getting errors that my thread is broken but it is fine.  This occurs even when I am sewing rather than embroidering.

Darlene

from Western New York

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 735
Points 18,400

I have an older Futura (CE200?) and never did get the embroidery module working right.  It was not user friendly and the images that come with it are rather small and I couldn't find a way of enlarging them. There are no limits to installing the software, but when I went from Win XP to Win 7 the software wouldn't work.  I'm sure there is an update, but I've been so disappointed in the machine I decided to not bother. 

The newer ones might be different and easier to work with.  But if I ever decide to get another embroidery machine I'm going to look for a used stand-alone machine rather than one that has to be plugged into a computer. 

Brigit-Carol

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,240
Points 19,255
weezee56 replied on Sun, Jan 13 2013 7:48 PM

I'd like to thank everyone that told me about their Futura. I have been looking around and don't know what I want. I Don't have alot of money to spend and my SIL had bought a Futura, but hadn't opened it yet.  Thank you all again.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use