Top 10 Posters

Leavenworth, WA retreat, April 21-26. Shall we cancel?

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:55 PM

At the last retreat several stated they were interested.  But two have now cancelled.  The other names of those possibly interested (but not confirmed) were Vivian, Judy T, Lisa, Spud, Elizabeth, Donna, Nana, and me.   That is far less than we need to keep the reservation.  We reserved the whole hotel, but obviously will not need that.  The fewer that come, the more expensive it will be.  If we have 8, and reserve 6 rooms, (one being the sewing room) the cost could be around $325 per person depending on the room.  We could reserve all the downstairs rooms and 2 upstairs.

So please let me know by the end of next week.  Then I can contact Mrs. Anderson's Lodging House, and get a better estimate on the cost, and would need payment by Feb 1.  If not enough interest, I will cancel the retreat.   It could be that we might find a another more convenient place in Western WA if only a handful of us locals are interested.  This place was great for the cost, but with less people, the cost goes up and there are several other locations that may be better if only 8 or so are interested.

One of the reasons we went with the Leavenworth location is that so many people were interested.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:11 PM

Patti

As much as I love this retreat I can not attend both Leavenworth and Oregon. 

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:15 PM

I certainly understand that, specially coming from so far.  And the OR retreat sounds like it is going to be fantastic.  And what a location, and the rooms!  Wow.  They have everything!  and the beach besides.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:18 PM

I have never been to Oregon and have never seen the Pacific Ocean.   I am really looking forward to those ocean views.  I am so glad that you started these retreats.  They have given me the opportunity to meet some really wonderful people and to see places that I would never have seen otherwise.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:46 PM

Nana:

Patti

As much as I love this retreat I can not attend both Leavenworth and Oregon. 

Very understandable Nana!  

Last fall at Leavenworth I told Patti to put me on the list for this next spring's Leavenworth Retreat...as a backup only, because I wanted to make a spot available to allow other QCA members to experience a QCA Retreat the same as I have been able to do.

And where are you other QCA Members who watch the Retreat threads and wish you were there?  Especially those on the west coast who can drive to Leavenworth!  Believe me, you will NEVER find another quilting retreat at a more economical price!!!  The accommodations are not plush, but the joy and fellowship of quilting with your QCA friends is beyond words!  If you have ever thought of doing this...please take this opportunity to contact Patti.  Believe me, you will never regret the few dollars you spend...it is worth every penny!  I really hate to think of this Retreat being cancelled!  (I am attending the Oregon Retreat, but...)

These last two years, we've shared with you our retreat quilting accomplishments, our laughs, our fun, our tricks and our treats.  Now is your turn...and I hope you will really think about this.  Obviously, I have nothing to gain by your coming or not, except that I would like you to be able to have the same wonderful experience that I have had!  

FYI,  I have attended two non-QCA retreats in the last 3 years.  Both were approximately twice the cost per night/day (of the Leavenworth retreat) and were only half the fun (if that). Patti has done a marvelous job of keeping these smooth running and without any hidden costs...which is a real plus, believe me!

So, I have had my say...and I hope you will be coming to Leavenworth in April... I'd love to meet you all!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Patti, at this point, I cannot afford to come to both either. I am excited about the coast retreat, I've only been to the coast a couple of times and I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean again.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Spudgrandma:
I'm looking forward to seeing the ocean again.

Seeing all you wonderful friends goes without saying LOL

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use