Hello, everyone!

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 19 Replies | 6 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 51
Points 915
Dyen4fun Posted: Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:58 AM

I just joined your group and am excited to learn more about FM.  I haven't done alot and my machine isn't a great one--no needle down or regulated stitches, but I'm trying anyway.

I'm a member of the round robin group (1st time at that as well) and want to quilt my top when I get it back.  I'm called Dyen4fun because that's what I love to do--dye my own fabrics.  I overdye and print on it as well, so I get some pretty amazing fabrics to play with.  My real name is Susie.

I probably won't be posting any pictures any time soon, maybe the 4 baby quilts I need to get done in the next few months--I guess I'm not too smart--I never take a picture of them before I give them away!

I have also purchased a few craftsy classes on machine quilting and embellishing, etc and have seen some amazing FM on line but just don't seem to have time to sit and watch my computer for that long.

Hope to make some friends here and learn from all of you!  Susie

• | Post Points: 95
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

Hi Susie, it is nice to meet you.  If you are doing FMQ, be sure to check out the Fear No More FMQrs group, they have lots of good tips and are there to help each other out. 

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 8:41 PM

hi susie, welcome to the group

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,810
Points 365,747
Kris replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:06 PM

Welcome Susie.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 9:09 PM

Susie

We have "spoken" in the round robin group but I will welcome you to general forums.  Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 10:33 PM

Welcome Susie and enjoy the site.

Millbury, MA

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 2,747
Points 38,740
ls2116 replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:34 PM

Welcome to group!  There is alot of great quilt ideas here have fun.

Quilting My Rainbow

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 10
Points 155

I am new member and just searching around I have found so many new ideas and tips I love this site

• | Post Points: 50
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,438
Points 176,143
Marie replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 11:54 PM

Welcome Connie and enjoy your time hear.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,415
Points 415,724
gini replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 12:33 AM

connie, we all love it too.   i'm glad you're here

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082

Susie, and Connie, welcome

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

connielynn66:
I am new member and just searching around I have found so many new ideas and tips I love this site

Hi Connie, it is nice to meet you.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 64
Points 1,235

My name is Cherie. I've been sewing for 22 years but only recently started piecing quilt tops. In February of 2012 I was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. I decided it was time to settle down and get things in order. My husband who is 20 years my senior and I joined the local Lutheran church and I went thru cathecism. ( my grandparents were Lutherans, and so is my husband). I was pretty leary of females but my husband offered my assistance to the LWML sewing circle. I couldn't see cutting up perfectly good fabric and sewing it into little squares? It is addictive now! I have 2 children. A 22 year old daughter who is currently deployed with the Air Force and a 18 year old son also in the Air Force. He is currently finishing up his schooling. My husband is a disabled Air Force Vietnam Vet.

• | Post Points: 50
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Jan 9 2013 7:12 PM

ti2xguer:
I couldn't see cutting up perfectly good fabric and sewing it into little squares?

Hi Cherie, it's nice to meet you.  I think I welcomed you in another thread, and we are glad to have you here.  Enjoy your time with us!

I had to laugh at your comment about cutting up perfectly good fabric, because it was my mantra for years, but that has certainly changed now...LOL!

Winthrop, WA

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 80
Points 1,420

Hi Susie, I've just rejoined this group but I just know you will like it....I did but I was spending so much time here I was not able to quilt like I wanted to so I took off for awhile. Welcome to you and to myself also. 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use