Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 30 Replies | 7 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

Susie:

I so wish I could go!  But with not working, the funds just aren't going to let me do any traveling for a while, darn it anyway! 

Susie, stay tuned. You can enjoy the retreat through postings and pictures that will happen as the retreat goes on. Kris won't be there to record the events but Nancy MN will be and she's very prolific with her camera.

In the beautiful Pacific Northwest!

• | Post Points: 20
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 7:36 PM

All this chatter is making me so jealous of all you Branson retreat attendees.  I would LOVE to be there.  Anyone of you a doctor who could write me a medical excuse for a week off of work?  You know, like, needed a mental health week with friends at lovely Missouri resort area?   Wish so much that I could come too.  Take lots and lots of pictures. 

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

Mimi:
All this chatter is making me so jealous of all you Branson retreat attendees.

Mimi, wish you could be there too. You, I and Bonita could work on our State blocks together. I'm not sure if there are any other State Block swappers going to Branson.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

OH Mimi!! I WISH I COULD WRITE THE NOTE-- however since I don't have a doctorate of any type I can't.. I'll miss you and Dave.  Bill has already found a train ride he is checking into to go on one day while I'm at the retreat.  See you in June???

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 5,383
Points 115,335

Beth Weigt:
Bill has already found a train ride he is checking into to go on one day while I'm at the retreat.

Beth. George and I took the train ride from "old" Branson through the Ozarks when we were there a few years ago. George fell asleep (that's normal!) but I really enjoyed it. 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 8:18 PM

Beth Weigt:
See you in June???

You betcha....come h*** or high water, we'll be there.  Even if I have to take days without pay because of yet to come snow days.  I'm going to ask Sarah to write a receipt to prove I've already paid for the week and say the money can't be refunded, when I send in our payment at the end of January.  That way I'll be able to take my last personal day on June 24th and get paid for it.  By law the teaching year has to be completed by June 30th but teachers always work more days than students.  They can get excused for acts of God, like Super Storm Sandy ( off for 4 days) but teachers have to fulfill their contracts and mine says I work 195 days.  There's some scuttle-but about working one of the spring break days instead of making up more in June.  I guess it just depends on how much and when God empties his glorious storehouses of snow on SE Pennsylvania.  I'll let Dave know to expect a trip during the week.  I think he really liked the last one.  Thought it was neat. I did get some good news this week about buying back some uncredited teaching time for my retirement.  I applied to buy back about six years from different districts.  I have heard from the retirement system that I can buy back about 3.5 years of service from PA schools.  Now I just have to wait for the out of state applications to come back.  Maybe I'll be able to retire in a year and a half as I originally planned.  That would be wonderful.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Judy-T  You'll find that Bill is a model railroader and we take all sorts of train rides.  Trade offs for my retreats :)

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

Mimi - Great!! I don't know what exactly Bill is planning but the "boys" always find something to do don't they.  Hope that it all works out for your retirement -- More quilting time on the horizon!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:45 PM

Beth Weigt:
Bill has already found a train ride he is checking into to go on one day while I'm at the retreat.

Sounds interesting!  Will he be open to other hubbies coming along?  If so, I'll tell Randy.

- - - - - -

Edit:  Oops, just read Mimi's note.  Beth, is this train trip at the Branson retreat or the Smoky Mts. retreat?  Mimi, hope your retirement buy back comes through.  Think of all the quilting time you will gain!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,696
Points 436,330
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 9:49 PM

Mimi

I would love to write you an excuse.  I am not a doctor but I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express...LOL>  Wish you could be there as well.   Couldn't you say there is a family emergency.  Your quilting family is in dire need of your assistance.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,403
Points 40,040
Mimi replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:24 AM

Oh Nana, I got such a chuckle from your comment.  I don't think my HR director would approve such an emergency leave.  She even makes us use up all our sick days before she'll grant an emergency leave.  Well.....hmmm.......I have over 110 sick days......oh, that won't work.  I'll need that doctor's excuse for over three days.  Bummer!!!   Have lots of fun.  I'll be looking for those photos.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,009
Points 19,440

MNnancy - The train trip will be one of the days at Branson so tell Randy and I'll tell Bill and then they can work at the plans when we all get to Branson.

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,797
MNnancy replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 4:46 PM

Beth, sounds good!  Looking forward to meeting you!

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,482
Points 47,700
Frances replied on Mon, Jan 7 2013 1:51 PM

Although i cant be with you all (and believe me i wish i could be) i hope you all have a wonderful time and lots of fun, and please post photos so i can still enjoy even though i cant be with you.

lots of love

Francesxx

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,773
Points 247,869
Barbara replied on Tue, Jan 8 2013 7:34 AM

Francis ,we will miss you to ,but I'm sure we will have lots of pictures to send. Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Page 2 of 3 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use