Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 140
Bridget58 Posted: Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:45 AM

Hello ladies,

I'm not sure this is the right place, but I just want to share this with you all.

Last November I was at the International Quilt Festival in Houston, and that's where I met a lovely Dutch lady. She -Jacqueline de Jonge/Becolourful- is a quilt designer, and makes really stunning quilts. They are so colorful and bright. I instantly fall in love with her designs. It's paper pieced, and so perfectly done. She has a great pattern line, with all kind of difficulties, she even made an instruction DVD, that shows you how to make a Becolourful quilt. 

I think this lovely lady deserves a little attention from us American quilters :)

• | Post Points: 50
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,385
Points 119,276
Patti replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:52 AM

Wow, you are right.  I googled her name and so many beautiful quilts!  I see where she has been on Ricky Timm;s show. 

I will have to check out more what she has to offer.

Thanks

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 20
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 11:59 AM

She does make some gorgeous quilts!!! Love them! For others interested in her this is her website

http://www.becolourful.nl/en/index-start.htm

• | Post Points: 5
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:01 PM

http://www.becolourful.nl/en/index-start.htm

Here is a link to a page with her gorgeous designs.  There is also links available on her page where you can find her patterns.   The quilts are stunning.

Vinton, Virginia

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Points 140
Bridget58 replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 12:10 PM

I visited her website of course, and there was also a link to her Facebookpage (becolourfulquilts), which is also very inspiring :)

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,117
Points 411,074
gini replied on Wed, Jan 2 2013 1:55 PM

i've seen her work and love her use of color

gini in north idaho

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,344
Points 126,144

Hi Bridget, it is nice to meet you. You are correct, her quilts are beautiful. Thanks for the info.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use