Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 12 Replies | 5 Followers

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 115
Sue Posted: Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:12 PM

I joined at the start of mystery quilt 7 and had to stop in the middle of it due to the passing of my 87 yr old Dad. I am now finishing it and glad to be back at the machine :)  

I started quilting about 13 yrs ago when a good friend and crafter got me started and 2 moves around the country and various quilts including 3 t shirt high school graduation gifts for my 3 kids(now all in their 20's) and a brief break , and now I am back enjoying sewing and quilting again.

I work as a teachers assistant in a high school and possibly a second job if hubby who is being laid off in 2 months doesn't find work, Quilting is my relaxation and look forward to "losing myself in the quilting :)

• | Post Points: 110
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,059
Points 170,827
MNnancy replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:18 PM

Hi Sue!  Welcome to the club.  We'll look forward to seeing your MQ7 when it's finished.  Have you looked at the pictures of the completed ones?  They may give you ideas for altering the design of yours if you feel the desire.

Is your husband's work place shutting down?  So many companies around here have done that.  Good luck to him with the job search.  Getting a second job yourself would seriously cut into your quilting time.

On the banks of the Mississippi River in north central Minnesota (Brainerd lakes area)

• | Post Points: 35
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 5:29 PM

Welcome, Sue. So sorry about the passing of your Dad. That is so hard.

Hope your Hubby can find work again soon. Things are rough in the job market now. i will add you to my pray list.

Good luck on getting that quilt finished. I know it is such a joy to get away into you sewing room. What a refresher!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,407
Points 19,560

Welcome Sue.

You will love it here. Even getting on this forum is relaxing to me. I wish you DH husband luck. I know it's been rough for a lot of people.

Georgetown CA I'd Rather Be Quilting

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:01 PM

Welcome Sue

[Ava, Missouri

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 2
Points 115
Sue replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 6:44 PM

Thanks all!

My husband has been with his company for almost 34 years and we have enjoyed being transferred around the country over the years. A person was hired to head his deparment and he is from Minnesota. This person decided to move my husband's department to MN and no transfers were offered this time and I think basically the new heads former associates are taking the present emplyees jobs. An ackward situation. We will see how the job market is for an older worker who has worked basically for 2 companies his whole career.

We will survive and I will have a lot of new quilts in progress  as we  go on this adventure!

Oh and we are cat lovers...4 cats , one was my dad's and 2 came from my daughter and 1 old girl who runs the cat kingdom here!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,720
Points 436,870
Nana replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:01 PM

Welcome Sue.

Vinton, Virginia

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:01 PM

Welcome Sue.

Sorry for your loss. I hope your DH can find a new job.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 19,778
Points 248,014
Barbara replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 7:02 PM

Sue welcome to the club, sorry to hear of the passing of your Father.  Barbara

Liberty,Missouri

EAT!! SLEEP !! QUILT!!

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 9,443
Points 127,624

How do you do? - sorry I could not resist :) I did want to say Hi and it is nice to meet you.

I'm sorry about your dad, it is hard to lose a parent.  Having something like quilting helps to keep your mind occupied. I hope you will post a picture of your MQ7, I would love to see it.

Life is like a quilt...bits & pieces, joy & sorrow, stitched with love

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,373
Points 175,023
Marie replied on Sun, Dec 30 2012 8:26 PM

Sue, welcome, sorry for your loss and good luck to your DH.

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 28,405
Points 415,659
gini replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 9:27 AM

hi sue, welcome to the group.   i am very sorry to hear about your father.   i hope you husband finds work soon.

gini in north idaho

Not Ranked
Female
Posts 13
Points 350
Ardis replied on Mon, Dec 31 2012 11:41 AM

Hi Sue:  I just retired & I only have 3 cats!  Never thought I'd give up dogs, but it happened. I live in Florida and enjoy opening all the doors & windows & sit at my sewing machine creating new projects. I even made a table topper with a cat theme.  Welcome!!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use