Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 9 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,398
Points 119,581
Patti replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:23 PM

Sukochi, we always know you have everyone's best interest at heart.  I like to compete, but tend to give up when  I am not in the forefront.  This way we can all go at our own pace, which will be very different depending on other medical conditions, etc. 

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,794
Points 31,645
Annie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:28 PM

Maybe we can swap recipe ideas. I am really looking forward to this. I think we can really do some "good" damage here. 

Sukochi, love your red socks and you look so beautiful.  I loved the fat quarter idea and thought the "fat" was a great play on words. But I agree with you, too much to keep track of and we all need "simple" when it comes to diets, IMHO 

cant wait to keep on sharing. 

How about who ever is first in the day to post perhaps thinks of a question of the day (QOTD). Something like celebration Sunday or favorite breakfast etc.

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:29 PM

Jeanine, if you would send me that bottom quilt that would be a good 5 lbs.  Seriously, I love all of the quilts in your picture.

Speaking of pictures, looking at all of the photos shown so far is like looking in the mirror. We all have basically the same builds which is partly age related.

I use to get such a kick out of seeing Richard Simmons on TV so maybe I need to get that video mentioned earlier. I also like to exercise to some of the earlier hits by Michael Jackson.   

Remember how if you were watching TV you might have got up during a commercial to get something to eat? Well, I challenge you all to just get up and walk around on commercial breaks and if you are sewing please take a break every 30 minutes or so  to get the blood flowing!

from TN

• | Post Points: 20
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:37 PM

Agnes:

I took the first step to helping myself this morning. I was going shopping and instead of taking the bus on the corner I walked to the next route. Came back the same way. That gave me almost half an hour of walking I wouldn't have done other wise.

Way to go Agnes, just please stay safe and don't be out in bad weather or icy conditions!

from TN

replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:40 PM

How about talking about what you plan for dinner that day or what you ate for the day?  Gives all of us some new ideas. I like the vege dish posted, it does sound good. I love to cook and try new things, but it comes in spurts! When I don't feel like cooking, it's fast food time.  Easy and fast.  Just have to get out of these bad habits again.  Like the idea of walking around while commercials are on. I will do this!

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:42 PM

Patti, that sounds so delicious, what time did you want us to be there? That sounds so good I am going to "borrow" your recipe for tomorrow night.   

from TN

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 702
Points 11,565
Bev replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:51 PM

Susie:

I love oatmeal, and as long as I have either oatmeal or PB&J on toast for breakfast, I'm good for a couple hours.  Anything else and I'm hungry (I think) within an hour.  I have good quality protein powder and try to make smoothies with frozen fruit, yogurt and a splash of milk.  They are not good, but not much else I can do to get enough protein.  I have both chocolate and strawberry.  

Susie, I usually have oatmeal for breakfast and add cinnamon to it since it has been said that cinnamon is good for you but not sure why at the moment. 

For you smoothies try adding a little ice cream, it does wonders for the taste and after all we do need some fat in our diet what better way to get it!

from TN

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,849
Points 85,825
Sukochi replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 6:59 PM

Thanks, Miss Aninie for the bautiful comment, but that was Lily you were looking at, not me!!  She is the short hairy girl on my alp. Carry a dog when you don't want people to see what is in front of you!!  Works everytime.

My Doctor suggested I look into Zumba. He said all his senior patients, except me, love it. I guess I will mosey over there on Weds. They are probably closed until then. Ya think?

Our Church has a New Years Eve service with several of the Churches participating. We will be there from 9 - 12:30. When Lea told me there would be no food, I though I couldn't go. But, hello, Scripture IS food, for the heart and soul. So, I will go. But might have a few butterscotch hard candies in my pocket.

Gotta go to bed. Oh, that is a major problem for me. I usually go to bed between 7 and 8. I eat dinner at 5:30.  So , run the numbers. Not good. You should not eat for four hours before you lie down. Guess I could sleep standing up. ; }

Sukochi

replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:38 PM

Ok picture time, I hate pictures!

replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:39 PM

And they keep loading sideways, oh well I look better that way!  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 7:50 PM

Candis, great pic, looks like we are built about the same, How tall did you say you are?     I hate having my pic taken also, because the cameras don't lie lol

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:01 PM

I did stop at the health food store and get some healthy greens and meat,  I do try to shop there alot it is pretty expensive but it is just me here most of the time.  I try to buy as much organic as possible,  I do believe that it is much better for you.

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:10 PM

Marie:
Candis, I certainly remember him and his red striped shorts, I wonder what he is up to these days.

Still wearing those shorts with tights and looking really crazy. 

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:16 PM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I eat because there is food. I love food. It means so much to me.

I feel the same way. I eat all day long. I don't eat big meals though can't eat a lot in one sitting.

The glass in your door makes it look like you're wearing a funky hat.

I must cheer you all on for posting the photos (and/or current weights) and starting on this journey. You are all beautiful women. I'm hoping this journey will help you all feel better about yourselves.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Dec 29 2012 8:17 PM

Yes but now it looks like he wears support hose underneath his shorts now LOL

[Ava, Missouri

Page 9 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use