Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 66 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:31 AM

Kris:
I've been working on eating better and I have managed to get back into yoga and have practiced daily for about two weeks now. I tried something with weights and low to no impact aerobics but with muscle spasms that had to stop.

Kris, are you using very low weights and more rep's?  That's what we do with the seniors I work with...we start them with 2# on each arm/leg for at least 3 weeks and then move up a 1/2# every two weeks until they reach their maximum tolerable weight.  Some stay at 2# and most are somewhere between 2-5#.

Kris:
At any rate our little group at work is in the lead for the "Biggest Loser Challenge". We've lost 21% of our total body weight after four weeks. We're very excited.

Congratulations on your groups achievement!  21% body weight loss in 4 weeks is fantastic!!!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:09 AM

Thanks Donna.

I have one and three pound dumbells. I don't think they're causing the spasms but we (the doctors and I) haven't figuredit out yet.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:29 AM

Hi all, I'm still creeping along.  Had a binge weekend but it's tapering off now.  Of my 15 lb. loss I've put 2.1 lbs. back on.  I hope to get a handle on it soon.  My biggest problem is inactivity.  With all of the storms I'm just hunkering down under my cozy quilts and doing absolutely nothing but nuking a frozen meal twice a day.  I have been working on the babies quilt but that's also sitting.  Wish me luck.

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,409
Points 23,445
Debbie replied on Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:50 PM

Of my 15 lb. loss I've put 2.1 lbs. back on. I hope to get a handle on it soon.

Marie - I know how you feel, I had lost 17 but gained 3 lbs back and cannot seem to get them off, haven't been on the treadmill in a few days so need to make myself do that tonite. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 2:58 AM

Donna B:
Congratulations on your groups achievement!  21% body weight loss in 4 weeks is fantastic!!!

Well I found out today the "score keeper" made a "typo". We're still in the lead but it's a more modest 4.6% total weight loss percentage. How in the world do you screw that up? 21 or 4.6 hmmm.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,406
Points 361,182
Kris replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 3:00 AM

Marie:
Wish me luck.

You're doing great Marie. Just keep active the best you can. Love you.

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:56 AM

Debbie, maybe somehow we could manage to get past this.  I woke up with a positive attitude for today, hope I can keep it up and I hope the same for you.  Good luck!

Millbury, MA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 9:58 AM

Kris, thanks, I love you too.

Wow, that was a big screw up!  Did anyone try to explain it?

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:43 AM

Kris:

Donna B:

Well I found out today the "score keeper" made a "typo". We're still in the lead but it's a more modest 4.6% total weight loss percentage. How in the world do you screw that up? 21 or 4.6 hmmm.

ROFLOL...you know, I did wonder...that is a huge number in just four weeks!  Still, 4.6% is fantastic!!!  Good luck and hope your group comes out the winners.

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:51 AM

Marie, I am really convinced that you would feel so much better if you move more (and you are recognizing this too).  You need to get up and move around - at least within your house.  That, in addition to light deprivation, is a major contributor to the winter "doldrums".  (What happened to the balance exercises I suggested for you?)

When your quilting...set up your ironing board across the room (or in a different room) so you have to walk back and forth to it from your sewing machine.  It is one way to get some steps in while your quilting!  If possible, move your cutting mat away from from the sewing machine too.  Every step helps!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:54 AM

Marie:

Debbie, maybe somehow we could manage to get past this.  I woke up with a positive attitude for today, hope I can keep it up and I hope the same for you.  Good luck!

Great Marie, glad you have a positive attitude today.  How are you going to use it?  See, I am going to keep pushing you (with a lot of love throw in)!  We all want the best for you...

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,253
Points 173,028
Marie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 11:38 AM

Donna, thanks for caring, I really appreciate it.  Please keep on pushing, I need all I can get.  I feel like I'm in a holding pattern, waiting for the baby to be born healthy, concerned about a problem my daughter is going through, concerned for my DDIL who's last day at a job she's had for 27 years is today.  I know I don't have control of any of these things but I worry and worry makes me go to food as a comfort.  Having said all of that, I realize, for the first time, that is why I've been binging!  Thank you for forcing that out of me.  WOW, you guys are a lot cheaper than therapy, thanks!!!!!!!!!!  :  )

Millbury, MA

• | Post Points: 65
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:16 PM

Marie:
 Having said all of that, I realize, for the first time, that is why I've been binging!  Thank you for forcing that out of me.  WOW, you guys are a lot cheaper than therapy, thanks!!!!!!!!!!  :  )

Glad we can be of help...life can be rough at times, don't we all know.

See... We really are the best!  That are what friends are for!  ROFLOL!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,472
Points 50,130
Ginny replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:22 PM

Gee Marie, isn't that the way we do though?  I'm in a similar mood this week.  I need some work done at my house right now, but I know no one in the family is able to do it right now.  My DD and her DH found black mold in the kitchen of the house they just bought, so my GSIL is fixing that for them, as her DH  was called back to his job in Alaska early, right after they had all of the base cabinets pulled out to replace or seal the flooring.  Apparently, the previous owners of their new house had had their dishwasher leak for a long time and just replaced the washer and did nothing for the mold and the home inspector missed that too.  

Anyway, all of this is bothering me and I have been bingeing too.      Ginny

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,532
Points 22,990
Susie replied on Wed, Feb 27 2013 12:38 PM

Donna-even though I'm only lurking, I have to say that your "cheerleading" is doing me a world of good as well.  I just plain haven't been motivated to get off my tush and do anything.  I'm so very much a couch potato, and like being one, even if I don't like the way I look.

But my new job will help me get back to the gym (I'll be able to afford my membership again!) and my son will make sure I get there.

Chicagoland, Illinois

• | Post Points: 35
Page 66 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 64 65 66 67 68 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use