Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 63 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 17 2013 11:47 PM

PennyWyo:
I excercise alot so I was amazed at the exercise I got.  It allows me to eat more calories.  Glad to be back in the group!

Welcome back Penny, 

Yes, it is amazing how much you can eat if you're exercising regularly!  But, you do have to be careful to eat the right kinds of foods which you obviously are doing.  Congratulations on the 6+ pounds!

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 5
Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 764
Points 9,979
Rhonnie replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:00 AM

Marie:
I am craving candy but I don't have any in the house.  When I get like this there's no method to my madness.  I just eat anything and everything in sight, it doesn't matter what.  

Marie......I have chocolate here at the house usually. I keep it where its not in eyesight or easy access. I keep it in few places cause if I don't I have kids that wonder thru and find it all without saying hey mom we ate the last of your chocolate. I find by it being out of eyesight it is real easy not to think about until I have that must have craving that fruits or crunchy veggies won't fix. Just a thought and well nope I can't delete chocolate but I can limit it to when must have cravings. I hope this helps.

I'm a material girl....Want to see my fabric collection?

• | Post Points: 20
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:19 AM

a little depressed today, back is still hurting.  go to PT in 2 hours so hope it will help.  Have hurt all weekend after Friday's session so don't know about this.  needless to say I have been on treadmill since Fri.  I

worked all day Sat at the library and just could not make myself get on treadmill that night, after going out to eat.  I did only have a salad for lunch and did good at dinner, had steak (320 calories) then mixed grilled veggies (squash & zucchini) and tomato and mozzerella salad, so that was pretty healthy.  but had half a dessert and then tiny piece of cake, like two inch x one inch sq, at daughter's birthday.  My oldest turned 40 on Saturday - I'm not old enough to have a daughter in her 40's!!  well, really I am, almost 60, but doesn't seem possible it's been 40 years since she was born. 

anyways, back to why I'm down.  I ate healthy yesterday, stayed within 1200 calories and still had gained 1.5 lbs,  which I had lossed last weekend.  AARGH!!  I knew it was coming off too easy, hit a plateau I guess.  will have to rethink my strategy.  and get back on treadmill.    

still, bright side is I have lost 15.5 lbs since Jan 1 so have to be proud of that and keep moving forward.  I do have to say, getting on here and reading everyone's posts and words of encouragement has helped tremendously.  you gals have become like friends and I appreciate each and every one of you so much for your support.  ok, time to quit getting mushy, I'm tearing up!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,516
Points 25,360
Debbie replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 9:20 AM

oops, that should say I haven't been on treadmill, not have.

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:15 AM

Debbie:
a little depressed today, back is still hurting.  go to PT in 2 hours so hope it will help.  Have hurt all weekend after Friday's session so don't know about this.  

Debbie, be sure to tell the PT about your pain since your first session!  That is very important!  Depending on what he/she is working on, there may be some discomfort for awhile but you need to give them feedback.  If the pain continues after 3/4 sessions without explanation from the PT, I would ask to switch to another PT.  Not all PT's are the same!  They use different techniques - and some just have an easier touch than others.  It's suppose to improve the situation, not make you feel worse!

Also, don't worry too much about your small gain this week, your body is going through a lot right now. Your weight loss will pick up when you are feeling a better...

Winthrop, WA

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:21 AM

Well, I'm down another pound from last Monday...but up .6 of a pound from last Thursday (a mid-week weigh-in I snuck in).  See those mid-week sneak-peaks at the scales are not good for us mentally!!!  Now I am working at not being disappointed that I gained .6 #'s since last Thursday...LOL!  If I hadn't weighed on Thursday, I never would have known and just have been happy for the one pound loss...as small as it is!

But, considering my week, I am truly happy for the one pound.  And, one pound a week adds up to 52 in a year...which is just where I want to be in a year!

Winthrop, WA

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 687
Points 13,085
Michelle replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:33 AM
Debbie, don't get too discouraged on the PT. the first 2-3 times, I didn't see any difference, only just leaning the different ways to exercise by back and use my core when exercising. I really saw a difference when I consistently did the same exercises at home. Remember, your back is supported by muscles that have a "memory". When we do an exercise today, those muscles maybe being used in a different way and now are sore. But they will revert back to where they were the day before and hurt. So only doing the same thing every day gets them into a "new memory" state. Hope that makes sense? On the weight loss, congrads! 1 pound a week is where we need to be, that is true loss of fat, not muscle.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,292
Points 29,205
Agnes replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 10:41 AM

I haven't even read posts for a week now. Life went to to pots. Just five months after my husband passed away our older son left to join his dad. Life is so hard.

Agnes in NW Ontario

• | Post Points: 110
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:00 AM

Agnes, I am so very sorry to hear your terrible news.

One day at a time - just one day at a time - and know we are here for you.

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,543
Points 51,255
Ginny replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 11:49 AM

Oh Agnes, I am so very, very sorry to hear of your son's passing.  That is just a reat burden to bear.  I am going to pray that you will soon feel some joy and peace come into your life soon. Just keep good memories in your heart and ask the Lord to lead you through.   Blessings      Ginny

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 687
Points 13,085
Michelle replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 12:04 PM
Agnes, So sorry to hear of these burdens you are having. This is especially hard to not just lose a spouse, but a beloved child as well. Please know we are here for you. But please find a close friend or church there that you can lean on for support.

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:09 PM

Debbie:

Angele - physio therapy?  did you mean physical theraphy or is this something new?  I'm interested in hearing more. 

Sorry Debbie I believe it means the same .here is's called physio therapy. Why? I really don't know the reason for the different terms. 

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:07 PM

I agree with you Patti. My goal is to learn portion control, weight loss, but mostly to be healthy. Health is something to treasure and care for.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,656
Points 136,082
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:14 PM

Agnes, i am so very sorry my T&P are with you

[Ava, Missouri

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,416
Points 47,255
Angele replied on Mon, Feb 18 2013 7:30 PM

Debbie 15.5 lbs in about 6 weeks means 2.5 a week which is amazing! You are working very hard and I see that you are successful.  I had been trying to lose weight for over a year and nothing worked. Since I started here in January, I have lost 9 so far and finally busted through this wall.  Managing my stress is also helping. But I think I owe my progress to talking with you all. I feel like I have you with me when I walk or move so thanks for your continued encouragement and support.

Angèle  from NWO

Page 63 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 61 62 63 64 65 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use