Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 56 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,497
Points 48,230
Angele replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:24 PM

Leslie, with all you do for work I too am amazed that you need to lose anything.  I have to agree, a massage, yoga, tai chi sound more like what you need instead of cardio or weight lifting. The great thing about yoga is that it really helps make your ore stronger and aligned. I always feel more energized after yoga no matter how tired you are going in.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

Thanks Angele,  I checked at my gym to see if they have a class,  but know they don't so i am going to try and find a beginners dvd

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 5
Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,599
Points 26,900
Debbie replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 7:41 PM

Not sure te cause of your back issues but if your phy thinks physical therapy would help, they are awesome with chronic back issues from different causes.

Thanks, Michelle - I'll see if he'll send me to PT. 

I have a ruptured disc and some stenosis in my lower back but don't know what causing the pain between my shoulder blades.  The injections didn't help at all.  I really don't want to do surgery just yet.  hope to postpone till just before I retire, use up all my sick leave.  Sewing and computer time are not helping my back, and I do get up and walk around, stretching and trying to work out the kinks. 

Good news, I weighed myself yesterday and was down 4 lbs since Mon.  stomach has been a little messed up so going alot.  That's 17 lbs I've lost since Jan 1.  feeling good about this!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 35
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077

WOOHOO, Deb, that is great

[Ava, Missouri

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Thu, Feb 7 2013 9:02 PM

Agnes:

I haven't been posting for a while. Donna's request for the book prompted me. Rx for Quilters is a super excellent book on overall well being for quilters. It is written by an MD, Dr Susan DeLaney, I believe is her name.

Thanks Agnes, I thought it was you that had the book!

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:51 AM

Wow Debbie, great job!  My sister is here visiting for the next 3 days.  So it's extremely healthy foods and good exercise for the next 3 days.  The snow has not been great, but we are going to try cross county skiing today.  We'll try the trails at Loop Loop pass, then go into Twisp for lunch and then the trails near Winthrop.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:35 AM

Patti:

Wow Debbie, great job!  My sister is here visiting for the next 3 days.  So it's extremely healthy foods and good exercise for the next 3 days.  The snow has not been great, but we are going to try cross county skiing today.  We'll try the trails at Loop Loop pass, then go into Twisp for lunch and then the trails near Winthrop.

Patti, if you see this before you leave you might want to try the trail at Cub Creek in the afternoon.  We were there Wed afternoon and it was holding up much better than than the lower trails.

How ironic...I'm going to Omak today!!!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 13,676
Points 179,323
Marie replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:44 AM

WOW, Debbie, that's over 3 lbs. per week average!  The exercising is the key, I guess.  Good for you!

Millbury, MA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:44 PM

Hi Donna, we just skied the Loop today.  I definitely need to stick with the easy trails.   Stopped in at the quilt store in Twisp.  I'll see you there at the snow dying class on the 23rd!

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 9:30 PM

Patti:

Hi Donna, we just skied the Loop today.  I definitely need to stick with the easy trails.   Stopped in at the quilt store in Twisp.  I'll see you there at the snow dying class on the 23rd!

Oh Good...I just got back from Omak to find that the snow-dying class tomorrow had been cancelled and I was rescheduled for the 23rd!  And now I find that you will be there too...Yahoo!  Marge P is thinking about that one too (We'll have to convince her!).    Maybe we can have lunch after the class?

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,401
Points 119,611
Patti replied on Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:21 PM

lunch after class sounds good.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Hey All,

So I will confess that I haven't worked out since Tuesday and I have been making semi-healthy choices, however not entirely.  It was a baaaaaaad week.  Friday I got a call from my gym saying that my trainer is no longer with them because she and her husband are moving to Florida.  It was only compounded by the fact that my period was starting and everything was weighing a ton emotionally.

But after a 5 day hiatus, I'm going back tomorrow.  I had to kinda get my head back in the game and realize that I am not doing this for her, I'm doing it for me.

This morning, though I'm still quite in the throes of mother nature, I weighed (I think I was looking for another reason to think badly of myself, honestly!), only to find that I lost another 1.4 lbs.!  LOL  Guess I can't hate myself too much, huh?  This is now 8.4 lbs gone.  I am feeling better, so I will take the awesome advise that my (now old) trainer gave me and continue on.  If I find another trainer that isn't a douche, I'll get another one, but my sessions will be available to me for as long as I have my gym membership.  Maybe I'll just bank them until I hit a plateau and then start shopping for a new one?  

I dunno.  I just know that I'm ready to get back at it and start moving my butt again.  I think I'm going to look into some of the group classes to see what they have to offer!

Love and quilty hugs to you all! 

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Oops...forgot a couple of small things - I did get on the elliptical on Friday for a mile and a quarter because I *thought* I had a training session.  Turns out I didn't, so I went to work.

Second - Next Monday (18th - day after my birthday), I am going to take a long arm quilting class!!!!!  I am so excited!

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:40 PM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):
 Friday I got a call from my gym saying that my trainer is no longer with them because she and her husband are moving to Florida.

Brandy, I am sure your gym has a nice assortment of trainers for you to pick from.  Gosh, the gym in our little town even has about 6 different trainers!  If you do a little research, I am sure you can find one of them that will work nicely with and for you.  Hang in there...you don't need to find excuses!  Pick yourself up and get back on the horse...LOL!

And congrats on the additional 1.4 #'s!!!  Eight.four Total?  Fantastic!

Winthrop, WA

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,657
Points 136,077
Leslie replied on Mon, Feb 11 2013 5:15 AM

Brandy, wtg.   I had  preety good weekend,  stayed on track with my eating.

Have a healthy day everyone

[Ava, Missouri

Page 56 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 54 55 56 57 58 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use