Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 50 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 24,729
Points 364,682
Kris replied on Thu, Jan 24 2013 8:38 PM

Pat Lancaster:
I am back home. My friend is in a better place now. Her funeral will be on Saturday.

Welcome back Pat. It's good you could be there for your friend.

• | Post Points: 5
Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Fri, Jan 25 2013 6:31 PM

Pat Lancaster:
I am back home. My friend is in a better place now. Her funeral will be on Saturday.

Pat Lancaster:
I would really like to take a nap but guess I better get back to work. Have a healthy day!

Pat, welcome back, but take a deep breath and give yourself a break before you jump into everything again.  You've had a very emotional event in your life (bless you for giving of yourself so selflessly) and you need some time to grieve and recover too.  At least try to take a few days to rest and just get yourself "centered" again.    Next week is soon enough for everything else...

Winthrop, WA

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:28 AM

Pat, I'm glad to see that you are back home.  I'm sorry for your friend, but like you said she is now in a much better place, pain free. Like everyone said, now you need to take some time for you.  Rest when you need to, eat well walk wan exercise.  Just remember that the last few weeks have been intense and stressful for you.  Now should be some well deserved me time.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 7:37 AM

Yesterday was a not so good eating day.  Workshops all day...so no walking and running around for stuff all day. Then I went out for dinner and a movie with my friend.  We had pizza ( too much and too yummy) for supper and I ate a whole bag of twirlers at the movie. All 600  empty calories all by myself!  Oh yeah and for lunch a teen burger and fries... So yesterday was a complete bust! I really don' know why I set myself up for defeat! I'm now angry at myself.  My lunch choices could've been better as I knew I was going out for supper.  I want to kick myself in the pants.

but today WILL be better.  First of all it is warmer...near 0*F and it will be nice to go for a walk outside.  Tomorrow should be even nicer, so no excuse there either.

to all have a great weekend and let's try to get healthier together.

Angèle  from NWO

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Sat, Jan 26 2013 4:44 PM

Angele, right now i allow myself one bad day aweek, it seems to help me, which is usually Sat, i think it helps keep me on track for the rest of the week.  I really try not to deprive myself of something i might be craving.   So far I am down 8.6lbs with my crazy method LOL

[Ava, Missouri

• | Post Points: 35
Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 92
Points 2,678
So glad to have joined this group. I check in every few days to read up. Pat I was sorry to hear about your loss. I know it is so hard when you lose someone so close. Sew some today and think of good times.
MAKE EVERYDAY AN ADVENTURE!
Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Sun, Jan 27 2013 7:02 PM

Thanks Leslie for your idea. I will try it this week.  I went snow shoeing for about an hour today.  The sun was out it was about -6C, and it was just great. I know my legs will scream tomorrow, but it's OK, as I felt like cabin fever was setting in after two weeks of clouds and cold.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:23 AM

Woohoo! I lost another pound this week! So far that is 5 pounds lost. I am so happy! I think it really helps when I track what I eat. My goal this week is to walk more regularly.  I can go outside after school now.

have a great week everyone!

Angèle  from NWO

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Congrats Angele!! That is such an awesome feeling!!

My weekend was kinda...blah...Saturday I ate a lot of processed foods and my body was not pleased (still stayed within my calories).  Sunday...all bets were off. LOL  So much going on that I just kinda gave up counting.  I know I went over, but not by very much.  LOTS of sodium, though.  Lots and lots.  Will be drinking water until I float away today.

I see my trainer today.  I honestly feel like I want to lift heavy more often than 2 days a week with her.  I'm going to ask her what she suggests when I see her this evening, or at the very least tell her I want to lift more and ask her what muscle group I should focus on.  I'm learning that my body needs three things in order to not feel crippled for the two days following lifting heavy:  Water, Protein, and Movement.  The movement part goes completely against what I actually WANT to do, but the more I move the muscles (aerobically) after the workout, the less I feel the pain (I know it is because I am getting the lactic acid off my muscles, but still...).

I will not weigh in until Wednesday/Thursday.  At this point I feel quite bloated and am pretty sure I'd look like I gained everything back from water retention.  On Friday I tried on the bridesmaids dress that I wore at my friend's wedding (the picture I posted earlier this month) and the top is loose!!  I always lose from the top down.  Just wish my hips would follow suit a little more willingly.  :\ 

Last thing (I promise) - I reached my 50 mile goal last week and then beat it!!  I am up to 55.5 miles for this month!  I'm now using the bike and swimming as aerobic exercise because I have a challenge with two girls at work to see who can walk/jog/run/elliptical more than 50 miles next month.  This should definitely be interesting!

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 3,391
Points 46,980
Angele replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:29 PM

Brandy, you are doing fine.  One slip is not the end of the world.  I am very impressed that you are so active! I am happy if I manage to walk 30 min a day! By the time I get home after school, I'm beat! I feel I've given everything I could give by the end of the day.

i am so happy you enjoy your physical activity so much.  This will pay off big time for you, just wait and see.

Angèle  from NWO

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:46 PM

WTG Angele

[Ava, Missouri

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 11,653
Points 136,022
Leslie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 5:48 PM

Brandy, wtg on your goal.     Salty things are my weakness,  I very seldom eat sweets.   My body reacts the same way when i eat too much sodium,  i bloat real bad

[Ava, Missouri

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,482
Points 24,725
Debbie replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 7:18 PM

well, weighed myself this morning and gained back 2 lbs, but still have lost 9 lbs since Jan 1.  Then Dr's office called with my bloodwork results and my blood sugar is 85 so looking good.  "whatever I'm doing, keep doing," she said.  still drinking 6-7 glasses of water a day and doing my 30 minutes on treadmill most days. 

last nite at church we had monthly fellowship meal and think I overdid with two small desserts.  Darn!

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

Top 500 Contributor
Female
Posts 203
Points 4,430

Thanks Angele! I use to feel the same way, but since I started lifting, holy cow do I have energy!  On days I have less energy than I would otherwise care to have, I take a liquid sublingual B complex. Perks me right up naturally! I find it at Walmart and now CVS! Fairly cheap too! $8 for 52 dose bottle!

Leslie - I am usually a sweets kind of gal, but every once in a while the attack of the sodium gets me. I drank so much water today!!! Floating would have been easily achieved.  :) 

Debbie - great job! And a compliment like that from a doctor is definitely an amazing treasure to be kept close! 

My trainer ended up texting me a few hours before we were due to meet and canceled our appointment because she is sick. Not an hour before I had been having a discussion with a coworker, wondering if I was strong enough and motivated enough to push myself in weight training. Well, I took today as my opportunity to fing out! Turns out, I do! My legs felt slightly like jelly after I was done and the lifting high I am use to was there (and is still hanging on!!), so I am going to bump this up another level! I am going to start lifting 3 days a week. I will see my trainer again on Friday, if she is well by then, of course, and will show her my diary of weight lifting to see what she says. I am going to ask her to help me with back and core muscle training so I can incorporate those into my regiment as well. I actually love being this active! My body feels amazing and I am starting to see visual changes!!

Something I read somewhere that I want to pass on before I pass out. 

It takes 4 weeks for YOU to see changes in your body, 8 weeks for your closest friends to see changes, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to take notice. 

Friends...NEVER EVER EVER give up!!! 

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,221
Points 41,055
Donna B replied on Mon, Jan 28 2013 11:25 PM

Brandy (Modern_Mosaic_Mom):
It takes 4 weeks for YOU to see changes in your body, 8 weeks for your closest friends to see changes, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to take notice. 

Oh Brandy, this is a GREAT quote... I LOVE it!!!  

I've been watching and the posts to this thread seem to have slowed down a little lately.  Is this the dreaded "30 day phenomena"  of a New Year Resolution fading into the sunset?  I certainly hope not!!!  We are all in this together and we need to stick together to make these changes and keep this thread active during 2013.

Some have had great results in these first few weeks, while others are struggling to get the scales moving downward (including me).  Those of us with a few years (sigh) behind us can remember when it was easy to shed 10 #'s in a month, but those days may be far behind us.  We need to take things slower and it will take us longer to achieve the same results, but it is NOT impossible...if we stick to it.  This just proves that we are not all the same. But, I will bet that all of us will hit plateaus during the year, and will need support and cheering on...so all of us need to be here for each other and to keep our own motivation strong.  We all want to live healthier lives and that is why this thread was started.  For our health and well-being we do need to do this...and NOW is the best time to start!

So, I am sincerely hoping that all of us will be making a post on February 1st with our updated status - including how your first month has gone and what  your plans are to make month #2 even better on your road to better fitness and health.

Winthrop, WA

• | Post Points: 35
Page 50 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 48 49 50 51 52 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today © 2014 F+W All rights reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use