Top 10 Posters

"Lifestyle Changes for Healthier Living," formerly "Weight loss challenge!" 2013 New Years Resolution.

Page 29 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS

rated by 0 users
This post has 1,285 Replies | 34 Followers

Top 100 Contributor
Female
Posts 783
Points 12,620
Quiltless replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:01 PM

Agnes:

I checked and found that herbal teas and water are treated equal. I had heard this but wanted to make sure. Drinks like coffee and tea, if they contain caffeine, and sodas fall into a different grouping because they can actually dehydrate you.  I also find that I can drink herbal teas without being sweetened but other teas need a bit of sweetening. So until I have used up my Earl Grey tea I am limiting myself to one pot of tea with caffeine daily and after that I drink herbal tea. I don't have to give up Earl Grey entirely because Stash does the version without caffeine. I have lost weight since I started but I am shifting to Mon for reporting. 

Earl Grey is good tea. Try Yorkshire Gold. You might find a new favorite.

• | Post Points: 20
Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 27,659
Points 435,535
Nana replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:03 PM

Sukochi

Everyone has days like that occasionally.  Just start over tomorrow and move ahead.   It will get easier.

Vinton, Virginia

• | Post Points: 5
Top 500 Contributor
Male
Posts 111
Points 3,235
Greg replied on Fri, Jan 4 2013 11:09 PM

Best of luck everyone!!!  I started Slimming World 2 years ago the night before Thanksgiving - lost 6.5 lbs that first week and within a year, I had lost 77.5 lbs on a goal of losing 85.  I've since managed to stay in that area and enjoying life so much more.  At 6'4'', i didn't realize how big i was but now I'm at a healthy BMI and don't get out of breath in a single flight of stairs.  I went from XXL shirts to Large and from a tight (lay on the bed to zip tight) 38 waist to a comfortable (need a belt comfortable) 34.

I'm not selling or pushing Slimming World but can't say enough good things about it - I've finally learned to eat right.  Slimming World has been the number 1 weight loss program in the UK over 40 years and came to the US 3 years ago.  You don't need will power when you have choice power - and we all have choices.  = )  Having tried every fad diet, herbs, pills, counting calories, shakes all with no sustained success - SW has been a dream come true.  I learned to eat healthier and never get hungry.  I simply fill my plate with unlimited fruit, vegatables, lean meats even potatoes, rice & pasta.  Only limiting fats, sugars & alcohol.  Nothing is off limits, I just opt for the good stuff more often.  Again, i'm not selling or pushing, and really don't know how great the online version is (I attend weekly group meetings locally) but it's certainly cheap and effective - and you just eat normal food from the grocery store.

Again - best of luck to everyone!  The benefits of losing just 10% of your body weight are huge!

Greg E

Top 10 Contributor
Female
Posts 23,815
Points 352,337
Kris replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:36 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:
I wanted to walk today, but was ironing fabric and, before I knew it, the dark was comiing on. My neighbors want me to walk with them so much and, instead, I sit in my recliner and watch them walk by.

You burned some calories ironing.

Don't let this get you down. Just get back to doing the right things. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 6,384
Points 119,256
Patti replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 5:00 AM

Thanks for your encouragement Greg.

Patti

Chiliwist Valley

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:50 AM

Angele:

Well I completely blew it today.  Had Chinese for lunch. Then went to see a friend who had a bad day, and shared a bowl of nuts and bowl. Came home and ate almost 2 cups of caramel corn, then ate 2pieces of thin crust pizza a small piece of cheesecake and tea. I had been going good till now.....for three days..lol. I will be back on track tomorrow.

Don't be too hard on yourself. It happens to everyone. :-)

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 7:59 AM

LaJuan Sukochi Lee:

Things are looking bad for me. Weds. nite, I was so hunger, that on my way home from Bible Study, I stopped at Ouik Trip and got a ROLLER cheesburger. Scarfed it down like there was no tomorrow. Got home and ate a bowl of spaghetti with melted cheese on it.And, it was 10 o'clock at night!! Have eaten that Spaghetti for three days now. Made a big pot, with cream cheese in the sauce, but thankfully, it is finally all gone.

I wanted to walk today, but was ironing fabric and, before I knew it, the dark was comiing on. My neighbors want me to walk with them so much and, instead, I sit in my recliner and watch them walk by.

Words of encourgment, please. I am putting on weight again. And, I so don't want to do that.

You can't let one day get you down. Brush it off and tell yourself you're going to do better tomorrow. Change one thing at a time. One thing that has helped me in the past from getting so hungry is to eat a small snack between every meal throughout the day. I am going to start doing this again next week as soon as I can get to the store. I try to make sure that I have a healthy snack near at hand and measured out to make it less likely that I will overeat.

Good luck and I know that tomorrow will be better for you! :-)

Top 150 Contributor
Female
Posts 615
Points 11,735

One thing that is helping me is to plan for my snacks. I put them in zipper bags. Leave on the kitchen counter or in my purse if out shopping. I try finding snacks that are 100 cal or less. That way I put them in myfitnessplan app already in the am. Then when I get to the snack it feels Iike a treat. Mind games! 

Michelle B
Enjoy family, friends and hobbies

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:42 AM

I saw this on Facebook and thought I would share. It is how I feel most days LOL

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,305
Points 21,710
Debbie replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 9:53 AM

YEA!!!   got on scales this morning and down 2 lbs!!   been trying hard to watch what I eat and it's not easy at work (people keep bringing in chips and sweets) but I did good.  recording what I eat is helping. 

"I'm just a poor soul who's intentions are good.   Oh, Lord, Please don't let me be misunderstood."

Debbie (dear1953)  

• | Post Points: 50
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 364
Points 4,680
Kelli replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 10:16 AM

Debbie:

YEA!!!   got on scales this morning and down 2 lbs!!   been trying hard to watch what I eat and it's not easy at work (people keep bringing in chips and sweets) but I did good.  recording what I eat is helping. 

WTG!!!!!!!

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,735
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 11:43 AM

Quiltless:
Try Yorkshire Gold.

I've never seen it or I might have already tried it.

Top 50 Contributor
Female
Posts 2,220
Points 41,005
Donna B replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 12:12 PM

Patti:

Well, got on the scales today.  I thought I'd maybe lost more.  But it's 2 1/2 pounds.  I'll take it.  Just going to try and keep it up.  Will have to go again on the treadmill this evening. 

Patti, 2.5 pounds is a LOT!  That would be 10 pounds per month...which is more than is recommended for a "keep it off" weight loss.  Slow and steady with a food plan that you can live with long term is best.  (I was told that a goal of 5-7 pounds per month was ideal.)

I started using Myfitnesspal.com and was reminded about eating too little and pushing my body into starvation mode (didn't help that I was down with a head-cold and had a 24 hour flu bug). I knew this before, but had forgotten.  Be sure you eat enough calories each day to keep you out of starvation mode where everything you eat is retained as fat.

You all are doing just great!  We will all have mis-steps along the way, but jump back in and try to eat health and get some exercise and you will succeed.

Winthrop, WA

Top 75 Contributor
Female
Posts 1,098
Points 24,735
Agnes replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 1:21 PM

Donna B:
Be sure you eat enough calories each day to keep you out of starvation mode

I certainly find myself pushing to have more substantial meals. Helps me very much in keeping the snacks from getting out of hand. Meals are fairly healthy but snacks tend to be "garbage" rather than useful food. As I'm eliminating stuff and back at the better eating for a little while now it won't be long and I will be back to healthier eating without having to give it a thought. I'm halfway to that 21 day mark. 

Top 25 Contributor
Female
Posts 4,821
Points 85,145
Sukochi replied on Sat, Jan 5 2013 2:12 PM

Back to work on myself. Little emals all day. Did chiar sitps this a.m. And took a walk this Afternoon. You go, girl!!

Sukochi

• | Post Points: 35
Page 29 of 86 (1286 items) « First ... < Previous 27 28 29 30 31 Next > ... Last » | RSS
Have a Question? | About Us | Privacy Policy | Join Today Copyright ©2009-2014, Crafts Media, LLC ALL Rights Reserved.
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use